Dinner, Saturday 27th July 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shark and crabs.jpg

For my first time cooking shark, I was pleased with the outcome. I marinated it in Yoshida's sweet and savory marinade for about 3 hours then broiled it. I bought 8 more ounces of crab at the store (not the imitation stuff) and added it to the crab I picked and used Breezy's crab cake recipe. Instead of baking them, I broiled them along with the shark. I made Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuits and we had salads too. Everything came out so good!

Jab, let me be the first to say how lovely that looks YUM!!

I am so pleased it worked out well being your first time cooking it :)

View attachment 18349

For my first time cooking shark, I was pleased with the outcome. I marinated it in Yoshida's sweet and savory marinade for about 3 hours then broiled it. I bought 8 more ounces of crab at the store (not the imitation stuff) and added it to the crab I picked and used Breezy's crab cake recipe. Instead of baking them, I broiled them along with the shark. I made Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuits and we had salads too. Everything came out so good!
Sounds wonderful.

Looks great Jabbur! What kind of shark was it? What did it taste like?

Dawg, I truly have no idea what kind of shark! My son went fishing with a friend and they caught it. Fortunately the friend had already taken the head and tail off and cleaned them. All I had to do was remove the skin and soak them in milk. It had a very light flavor and took on some of the marinade taste. I don't like fishy tasting fish and this was not that at all. I would put the taste along the lines of cod but firm like tuna.

Dawg, I truly have no idea what kind of shark! My son went fishing with a friend and they caught it. Fortunately the friend had already taken the head and tail off and cleaned them. All I had to do was remove the skin and soak them in milk. It had a very light flavor and took on some of the marinade taste. I don't like fishy tasting fish and this was not that at all. I would put the taste along the lines of cod but firm like tuna.

Jab, my Steve doesnt like fishy tasting fish either, he may like the shark :)

Interesting, thanks Jabbur. Hope it's not one I've met! Wonder if it's a nurse shark, fairly small?

Tonight we had Orange/Curry/Ginger Salmon with rice and steamed asparagus. Dessert later will be ice cream with homemade hot fudge sauce.

I just had to put up a pic of the chicken thighs I grilled tonight......I used the BBQ Pit Boys method of grilling these thighs and I have to say they were pretty good! They are grilled on indirect heat after an initial sear, but the interesting bit is injecting BBQ sauce under the skin. I took it a bit further and injected some right into the meat!

image-1636965419.jpg

http://bbqpitboys.com/recipes/grilled-chicken-thighs#.UfSuFWS9Kc2

After the potato tragedy, I opted for Rice-a Roni as a side ( who could blame me?) I did grill a veggie medley of cauliflower, carrot, celery and broccoli, that kinda makes up for the boxed rice doesn't it?

We are doing breakfast for dinner. Pretty standard stuff. French toast with fresh strawberry jam, eggs to order, thick bacon, tomatoes, cantaloupe, orange and tomato juice. We haven't made a big breakfast in a while since our teenage kids have taken to sleeping very late this summer :(

How late do those kids sleep? :ermm: J/K, because our own circadian rhythm is more west coast even though we live east coast. When we lived in OH we called ourselves "nooners" at church because we would go to noon Mass. Now we're nooners because we rarely crawl out of bed before then. Well, I get up earlier, but Himself refuses to budge until the sun passes the meridian...and then some.

Nothing wrong with sleeping in and staying up late. Just saw a news story about "The Blue Zones" where people do that and live productively for a century and more. Interesting reading for anyone who's interested: Blue Zones -- National Geographic

They look pretty good too SB :)

I just had to put up a pic of the chicken thighs I grilled tonight......I used the BBQ Pit Boys method of grilling these thighs and I have to say they were pretty good! They are grilled on indirect heat after an initial sear, but the interesting bit is injecting BBQ sauce under the skin. I took it a bit further and injected some right into the meat!

View attachment 18351

Grilled Chicken Thighs Recipe | BBQ Pit Boys

After the potato tragedy, I opted for Rice-a Roni as a side ( who could blame me?) I did grill a veggie medley of cauliflower, carrot, celery and broccoli, that kinda makes up for the boxed rice doesn't it?

Simple dinner of beans and weenies. I used a package of those lil-dogs from Hillshire Farms and big can of baked beans. Tomato and cucumber salad on the side.

Back
Top Bottom