Dinner Saturday 2nd March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fantastic sounding meals, all!

I put the makings for split pea soup with a ham bone in the CP, but after reading the threads referencing sauerkraut and pork chops, I may have to do that too :pig:

I'm roasting a turkey. Sides--broccoli, wild rice, a romaine lettuce salad. Dessert...not sure if I'm doing that, yet. It is so early--I've been waiting for Coronation Street to air so I can go to bed!

Sounds good CWS...and good to see another Corrie lover...I watch that show all the time, love it...and Eastenders :)

Well, here is the BBQ dinner we had last night, it was yummy! Steve cooks a great barbie!

P1010026.JPG

DH wanted to go out tonight, but I haven't cooked all week and we have lots of food here. So I'm making Parmesan-crusted pork chops with apple sauce, cole slaw for DH, and a salad for me. Maybe some toasted French bread, too. Don't have any sauerkraut :)

Picked up some ground beef and fresh lettuce, tomato, scallions and sour cream so we can have tacos tonight.

DW is off having a girl's weekend with her sister. So tonight it's just me, a carryout pizza, a bottle of wine, and a bunch of old Pink Panther movies in the queue.

cws, i wish i was close enough to come over. i absolutely love roast turkey. white or dark meat, doesn't matter. yum.

although it might scare dw when i got home with sausages in my pocket...

i needed to sleep really badly today, so i blew off the pot luck party. i feel bad not showing up, but if we're going skiing tomorrow, i needed to sleep.

i even woke up too late to eat dinner with my family, so i'm deciding between home made chili dogs, diner takeout (if they have the lamb shank special tonight), or possibly burger king. i really just want to go back to sleep.

Here you go, BuckyTom! There is some turkey on it, but most of it is salad and broccoli, the "white" stuff on the baked potato is yogurt, not sour cream.

Attachments

• turkey 026.jpg
    turkey 026.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Fried chicken, steamed fresh broccoli and mashed potatoes (with butter, sour cream and chives) and gravy

img_1244640_0_fae90bd5d21157373bbed376c2a37e59.jpg

I went by the Penn Dutch market as they had some pretty good produce specials, $.59 Hass avacados, $.99 cantalopes, $.99 lb green and red bell peppers. They also had some chicken on sale. I was also picking up some sausage for dinner. You have to walk past the deli and seafood depts to get to the meats. As I came to the end of the seafood section, there they were, at a stand alone, iced down cart. Live Golden Crab, $3.99 lb. Why oh why do they have to do this to me?:ohmy: I fortified my will power and walked by the crab. One must have reached out and got a claw in my shirt cause the next thing I know, I'm back at the crab cart buying four of the suckers. Only two will fit in each plastic bag.

I managed to retain enough will power to stick to the sausage for dinner, but I steamed those crabs, cleaned them to the point they are ready to pick and put them in the fridge for today.

Did a blackened fish with a pan sauce, Couscous and sauted plantain. The Cream sauce was a vodka reduction, with a little chicken stock, 2 Tbls of cream, and a chopped up tomatoe. Just did the plantain with butter until browned and sweet.

Back
Top Bottom