Dinner - Saturday 4/2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Double Cheddar Burger, Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion...
Steak Fries, Sriracha Ketchup, Macaroni Salad....

Burger 4-2-22.jpg

SO is out and about w/ her sister today. When they get back I have a surprise waiting for dinner. SO's favorite of all time, Reube Sandwiches. ( I know they won't have already stopped for food because SIL doesn't like to spend money.)

I went to the deli while they are out, picked up Boar's head corned beef, sauerkraut, cole slaw, more Jarlsberg swiss cheese, 1000 dressing and deli made dark rye bread.

We have choices of Clausen dill pickles, a jar of beet pickles, and chips. I already converted some of the 1000 to 10000 lakes dressing by adding some minced jalapeno pepper and a shake of hot sauce. Not sure if my SIL likes reubens, probably not sauerkraut. I know she likes everything else.

Everything is all set to assemble and griddle up. Pretty easy for a Saturday night.

DH wanted to order from a new Mexican rest. I could not find anything on their menu that appealed to me (too much hot stuff) so I had leftover chicken wings with Ramen noodles. Will get my veggies tomorrow.

You two guys look like you'll be eating just great. lol

I was at Mrs. Next-Door-Neighbors home today, it was Gal Pal Cards afternoon.

And knowing that I wouldn't want to make a big fuss over dinner, I took out one of my pre-made pans of Lasagna to defrost in the `fridge yesterday.

All I had to do this evening was to pop that puppy into the hot box and heat up some Bread to go with.

IMG_1472.jpg

DH: Why are we have pasta on a Saturday? We always have it on Sunday!
Moi: How is it?
DH: GOOD!
:LOL:

And nice to see ya again LT!

Welcome back home, luckytrim! Good to see you posting again.

We had some leftover broasted chicken from earlier in the week, so I picked the meat and chopped it up. I pulled out a bag of peas and carrots from the freezer, along with one of the two flats of puff pastry that have been waiting in the freezer for a supper like tonight's. Along with onions and mushrooms, I made up filling for a chicken pot pie topped with a sheet of pastry. Himself called it a "kiss the cook" meal.

IMG_20220402_215328735_HDR.jpgIMG_20220402_215855595_HDR.jpg

I tried an old-fashioned Danish recipe called "Momses himelske Karry Kotelleter I Fad" (Mom's heavenly curry cutlets on a serving plate). It was interesting and good. There was pineapple and mushrooms (I put corn on Stirling's pork chops, because he isn't fond of 'shrooms) and there was supposed to be whipping cream in the sauce. I didn't have any, so I used crème fraiche. It was a suggestion in the comments. It worked well. Next time I won't leave it in the oven as long after taking off the foil. I did want to thicken the sauce, but too much evaporated. Still yummy. I served it with brown basmati rice and some hot mango chutney.

Mom's heavenly curry pork chops.gifMom's heavenly curry pork chops with corn.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom