Dinner - Saturday 9th June

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regallion

Cook
Wife is at her mothers' this weekend so I've availed myself to a piece of Rump Steak the size of my head.

Not sure what to serve with it yet but there will be a fantastic bottle of Italian Amarone for certain.

probably chix or chix w/eggs. & spinach. hmmmm. cooked together.....
with garlic. & cheese. maybbe cxix seperate. dinner's not tillafternoooon, i'll figure that out. thawing my chix now!
salads, too, with cheeses & fixins.

Last edited:
Not quite sure yet, thinking about throwing some wings on the grill, oven fries, corn on the cob and garlic bread. Still have cake left w/ice cream. Then again - it all can change, still early (7:41am)! Have a great day all - enjoy !

Probably just a frozen Dijorno Pizza that we have in the freezor.

I'm going to a graduation party later this afternoon. There will be food there.

I also cooked every day this week pretty much and need a break. ;)

TATTRAT said:
To early to think din din for me, I am still contemplating breakfast.

I do see a green curry dish in tonights future though...
Green curry ... yum!!

Will most probably do chicken curry with bread and a salad tonight.

will do a pizza....toppings will include spinach, smoked turkey, some green onions (haven't picked them yet), ricotta cheese, possibly a bit of pesto.

the bread machine is kneading the dough right now. I am making it with a bit more whole wheat flour than I usually do, used 3 cups whole wheat, actually 2 cups ww and one cup semolina, and 1 1/2 cups white unbleached bread flour.

I want to make a surprize for my parents and make "Beef ala French". It is very tasty, but takes a lot of effort to make it. And I like food thta cooked in the oven. It is more juicy and soft.

Katusha said:
I want to make a surprize for my parents and make "Beef ala French". It is very tasty, but takes a lot of effort to make it. And I like food thta cooked in the oven. It is more juicy and soft.

oh please, do share, I love an adventure in the kitchen!:ROFLMAO:

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

For me tonight, I willl hopefully be sitting in K Pauls Kitchen in New Orleans. Anyone free for dinner? Uh, in New Orleans that is:ROFLMAO:

I've been experimenting a lot with fusion cooking lately. Tonight I'm making a Caesar salad with dungeness crab, seafood chimichangas, and halibut enchiladas.

The chimichanga is the most complex of em. I'm gonna chop up some crab, some shrimp, some snapper, some lobster...mix it up with some cilantro, tomatoes, onions, couple other things I haven't decided on yet, pack it in and get it shelled up.

Last edited:
poppin .. chopping up some what?
think you were looking for the "B" ...
LOL

Pizza night for me as well

After reading everyone's response I am in the mood for pizza now. Papa Gino's in my favorite. I will also make a green salad with my homemade dressing. (two spoons of extra virgin olive oil and seasoned rice vingegar, plus one pack of goya salad and vegetable seasoning)...delicious

Hi katusha,
what side dishes do you make for your "Beef ala French"?

Chimichangas...YUMM!

I'm grilling a flank steak that is marinating in garlic, oil, Joe Perry's barbecue sauce (very spicy), soy sauce, and lime juice. Then we'll slice it thin and serve on corn tortillas with a fresh tomato corn salsa. Black beans and rice on the side. Watermelon for dessert.

We are now in NY & miss Mexico so we are having a turkey soup made with achiote spices, shredded turkey, tomato, hominy, corn, poblano peppers, ancho chili peppers, bell peppers, onions & garlic, topped with crispy corn tortilla's, cilantro, lime, cabbage & avocados chunks, a salad with grilled veggies & sun dried tomato dressing, mashed cauliflower with a little fresh parmesan & for dessert a choice of cherry crisp or splenda classic cheesecake. (My father-in-law is diabetic.)

once again spent my entire saturday volenteering, so dinner's simple tonight. meatless burgers that we picked up earlier. (new brand). they just came off the grill, so gotta run!:chef:

Back
Top Bottom