Dinner, Saturday, Aug 16th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The local sweet corn I've been getting this year at the fruit stand has been exceptionally sweet. I said something to the kid working the stand and he told me that they planted a new corn this year called "fantastic".
Ever here of it Beth? Yellow and white kernels and unbelievably sweet.

The local sweet corn I've been getting this year at the fruit stand has been exceptionally sweet. I said something to the kid working the stand and he told me that they planted a new corn this year called "fantastic".
you know I really do love PA, now only if I can get my husband to move so I can have corn like that

we went to our buddies annual fundraiser picnic. we ate roast beef, scalloped taters, pasta, chili, coleslaw, cake, etc. so much great food.
my buddy raffled like 7 or maybe 9 baskets, & i won & jake won! i won a movies basket with a movie & a bunch of movie candy, & jake won grand prize, a steelers/penguins basket with plenty of goodies.
funds went to SIDS foundation.
great picnic.

no I have never heard of it. But I wouldn't be suprised if there are hundreds of cultivars of sweet corn. I buy most of my garden seeds from Johnny's Selected Seeds out of Albion Maine, and they carry at least 50 varities.

Back
Top Bottom