Dinner Saturday, January 15th, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made some Hungarian Gulyas a couple months ago for the first time. I really liked the "heavier than I was used to" use of paprika and cooking it into the meat.

I don't think this is a truly authentic recipe. It's a Wolfgang Puck recipe I like but it includes balsamic vinegar which probably wasn't a staple in Hungary way back when.

Smithfield Smoked pork chop, mashed taters and steamed frozen spinach.
I won’t be buying these chops again. They were lacking something ......... flavor!!

img_959702_0_a086021d433b4d3891497c18f28aa82b.jpg

I just threw a pot of chili together in about 30 min. Surprised I did it that quickly. It is simmering now and I'll serve w/ crackers and maybe some sliced fruit.

Working on getting the Christmas tree down, too. (I KNOW!:rolleyes:)

I had a taste for Mexican and satisfied it with quesadillas with molé. Caramelized onions and cheese on the inside... and the outside, too.
This was round 1 :)

Attachments

• quesadillas.JPG
    quesadillas.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 145
DH is on a weird sleep schedule again, so I had supper by myself. DH isn't a fan of "slab-o-meat". I am, so I had steak.

I used Buckytom's suggestion to "really go to town" on stabbing the meat with a fork to tenderize. I had one of my mystery "king steaks". The stabbing really helped. I made a quick sauce by deglazing the pan with wine and water, threw in some herbes de provence, reduced it a bit and swirled some butter in at the end to thicken it. Yum.

I had microwave steamed broccoli with it. Nothing on the broccoli, 'cause I love the taste of lightly steamed broccoli so much that butter-pig-taxlady didn't even put butter on it. I was going to nuke a potato, but I was afraid it would be too much food. It was plenty.

Hamburgers and oven fries. Unfortunately, I didn't time the fries right. Ouch. I don't screw up often, but this time ... Oh, well. The burgers were from Omaha Steaks, and were quite tasty. Don't know if I'll buy again, but I do think they tasted pretty darned good. I topped them with a "French onion marmalade" made by a friend of mine this summer. Oh, dear. Maybe it wasn't the meat that was so good, but the onion relish I topped them with!!!

i made a chinese dinner,made sweet and sour shrimp with pine apple,chicken with almonds and veggies stir fry,and egg and veggie fried rice with garlic and peppers.My family said it was way better than restaurant! and that made me happy! :chef:

Back
Top Bottom