Dinner, Saturday July 26th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeV

Washing Up
Having some friends over tonight so we'll grill DW's "mini meat loaf burgers" on fresh buns that I baked last night, redskin potato salad, fried zucchini and a nice fruit salad. Simple but satisfying.

Curried Goat with Rice and peas, and hopefully some Ackee and salt fish :D

today my father-in-law is getting remarried, and he`s marrying a black gal, but the really cool part is that her Mom is a great traditional cook of afro-caribbean foods (something I love but not had for ages), so needless to say I hope she`s made enough for everyone else :cool:

Cool Y2! Congrats to your dad! I hope the wedding goes well!

Today I am grilling chicken breasts and veggies and making a new potato salad - hope its good!

We're going to a wedding too... no idea what will be served for dinner. Greek wedding though so I'm hoping GREEK!!!!

mmm pdswife, I love greek foods!

We (son and I) made crappies pan fried, breaded with egg and cracker crumbs and old bay. Tartar sauce of chopped olives and capers w/mayo. Creamed and regular drained corn mixed. Dessert of Milkyway caramel rice crispy treats. I like cooking with this kid! ~bliss
um...guess that was last night he he

Last edited:
beef tenderloin on the grill .. some corn on the cob ..
some kind of salad ..

Since it is Saturday, pizza, buffalo wings, and British Comedies on the TV!

Nuthing special...just a bagel with pb and jam for me. DH had a frozen chimichanga.

We had beef short ribs and fresh corn on the cob. I browned the short ribs in oil, put them inthe crock pot with a homemade BBQ sauce and just cooked the h___ out of them. The corn was delicious, the ribs just melted in your mouth. I always forget about the beef ribs, usually buy the pork, but our local farmer's market had such nice beef ones AT $1.49 A POUND! that I bought about 5 pounds. I still have meat left for BBQ sandwiches tomorrow with the rest of the corn. Yum!!

small weekend gathering here as usual.....
DH grilled a spiral sliced ham, MIL brought a pasta and coleslaw salad amd tater chips.
I like working weekends it makes everyone else creative. :)

Chicken enchiladas verde, rice with poblano peppers and corn, green salad. I started to take pictures of the plates 'cause they looked so pretty and then decided I was too hungry. Sorry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom