Dinner Saturday March 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
I really need get up & see what kind of meat we have in the freezer. I do know that with whatever I find, we'll have green beans & fried squash.

Edit: I found some chicken leg quarters in the freezer. I juat can't decide if I want to fry them or bake them.

Last edited:
I taught a Spanish tapas class the other night and the food was so wonderful, I will remake the menu for tonight's dinner...

tiny meatballs in saffron sauce
spicy pork and veal turnovers
clams in Sherry sauce with cured ham
potato, chorizo and vegetable omelet
shrimp and cheese croquettes

I will type up the recipes and post them this weekend!

crewsk said:
I really need get up & see what kind of meat we have in the freezer. I do know that with whatever I find, we'll have green beans & fried squash.

Edit: I found some chicken leg quarters in the freezer. I juat can't decide if I want to fry them or bake them.

Trust me...coat them with mayonaise and then dip them in seasoned breadcrumbs. Bake at 350 for an hour. You will love them.

We're having stuffed mushrooms (stuffed with bread, anchovies, rasins, garlic and mozzrella) over romaine with candied walnuts and roasted red peppers.

Then fresh mozzarella slices, tomato slices and cured olives.

Then spaghetti with a pomodoro sauce with meatballs and italian sausage.

Garlic bread

Pastries from Rispoli's

Peartinis - absolut pears with ameretto di sarono

Chianti for dinner.

Moon-y moon-y tootsie tootsie ......house is still all ours:brows::heart::brows:

I am trying to pull off a dinner for friends. We are having crab cakes with tropical salsa, Grilled t-bones with herbed butter, roasted sweet potatoes in balsamic glaze, sliced roasted beet and arugula salad. Lemon pie for dessert

Lot of wine. Going to splurge and open Opus 1 for the steak.

elaine l said:
I am trying to pull off a dinner for friends. We are having crab cakes with tropical salsa, Grilled t-bones with herbed butter, roasted sweet potatoes in balsamic glaze, sliced roasted beet and arugula salad. Lemon pie for dessert

Lot of wine. Going to splurge and open Opus 1 for the steak.

Sounds magnificent!

I'll post then read the remarks.
Whatever is @ the hotel in Costa Rica, that is "legal" ;) 'see':ROFLMAO: food for me, is what I'll have.

Okay, now I'll read what everyone's having:LOL:

we had leftovers for lunch and I still don't know about dinner. Maybe DH will just go get something. Both kids have been whiny all day long, but now, they're sleeping.

Uncle Bob said:
Bourbon...A big glass of "Kickin Chickin"
Fried Dill pickles, catfish, sweet potatoes
Slaw
Puh-con pie
Addtional Bourbon...
Iam coming to your place UB, sounds great ! Have any beer? :angel:

"Fried Dill pickles, catfish, sweet potatoes"

I must be a Southern gal at heart, Uncle Bob!!! I think we should all sneek up at his back door!!!:LOL:

Ribs, homemade fries, coleslaw. But...I do have some great Flore di Latte and one really nice tomato.

I'm doing a big seafood boil.

One big pot and a bag of Zatarain's Crab Boil.

Ingredients:

-Redskin Potatoes
-Fresh corn on the cob
-2lbs of whole gulf shrimp (w/heads, etc..)
-Keilbasa
-2 big lobster tails
-Mussels

Boil everything (put things in at different times, obviously), strain water out , cover table w/newspaper, pour out on table and devour.

Serving it with a pony keg of Grolsch with some frosted mugs, 2 big loaves of warm sourdough, and an enormous barrage of dipping sauces.

Temp just warmed up here, and this is an easy last-minute dish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom