Dinner Saturday Night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Texas, I love livers, but don't think I could go hearts...they're so tough! Do you do something to make them tender?
Not only "how do you make them tender", but how do you get enough to make a meal? Do you just save them & freeze them over a period of time from whole chickens? Around here, chicken livers are all you'll find. Once in a blue moon, usually around the holidays, there'll be packages of mixed giblets for sale for gravy making.
Connie, I don't like liver.:)
I don't do anything to them. To answer Breezy also, They sell packages of hearts by them self. There is a about 30+ hearts to a package. Cheap too, about $1.50. They sell the gizzards separately also. Pretty much anytime you want them. There are a few times that I haven't found them.
I just wash them off in cold water, throw them in flour and fry them only long enough for the outer crust to get a beige color. If you cook them too long, they will get tougher, same with the gizzards.

Kangaroo fillets marinated briefly in some shao-sing, soy and honey served with chilli and sesame seed green beans and soba noodles with soy, honey and sesame dressing.

We had Jimmy's amazing fried chicken with corned bread, salad and fresh guacamole(had to use the avacados!)Tres Leche cake for dessert-

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom