Dinner Saturday Night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're heading over to Indianapolis, IN to eat at Chuckie Cheese. Our youngest boys b-day was this last Wednesday so we wanted to take him over there to celebrate. First we have to take my brother in law to pick up his truck that was stolen though. It was stolen but he has to pay a fine and the impound fee to get it back......go figure.

last night dw surprised me with one of her faves, roasted chicken, baked spuds, steamed corn on the cob. it was very plain, but simply delicious.

then we realized it was friday, but it was too late. oh well. i almost made it thru meatless fridays.

we're going out for dw's birthday tonight. trying to think of a place that has booths. if we can pull the table close up to a booster chair, we can trap our son in the booth so he'll only be able to destroy things in his reach.
wish me luck.

buckytom said:
last night dw surprised me with one of her faves, roasted chicken, baked spuds, steamed corn on the cob. it was very plain, but simply delicious.

then we realized it was friday, but it was too late. oh well. i almost made it thru meatless fridays.

we're going out for dw's birthday tonight. trying to think of a place that has booths. if we can pull the table close up to a booster chair, we can trap our son in the booth so he'll only be able to destroy things in his reach.
wish me luck.

Now Bucky I've seen the pics of that little angel and he would never do such a thing.:)

BT, he is a real cutie - and looks harmless to me.

TG what in the world do you do with chicken hearts?

licia said:
BT, he is a real cutie - and looks harmless to me.

TG what in the world do you do with chicken hearts?

Dust them in flour and fry them. They are good. I haven't always liked them though. DH loves gizzards and hearts. Gizzards are too chewy for me though. Hearts are tender.

I'm making chicken picatta, probably some rice, and not sure what type of vegetable yet.

The lady of the house is leaving on a business trip tomorrow and won't be back for 2 weeks...which means I'll probably head down to Vegas to earn for a while as well (play Hold 'Em for a living), so figured I'd put together something nicer tonight. Going with:

Grilled veggie salad w/ crab cakes and a saffron aioli
Lobster Thermidor w/ 8 oz Kobe beef filet mignons
Chesakpeake Bay rolls
Potato cakes
Baked Alaska

Saturday is 4 course.. :D This is what I had today:
8april1.jpg
8april2.jpg

1. creamy fishsoup 2. fishballs with spinach, basil and onion
8april3.jpg
8april4.jpg

3. risotto with tuna 4. icecream with orange and grand marnier

I'm gonna be busy performing in a show tonight, then if time serves me well I'll get some thai takeout. Chances are I'll have to rush home to feed Callum who still refuses to take a bottle.

Good luck to you tonight Bucky! He sure is a good looking boy. I can't believe how much hair he has, he's so dashing.

Well, it's already 5:30 here & I am completely unmotivated - lol!!

The weather has been horrible here today - cold/windy/blustery & pouring rain, & the electricity just came back on after having been off since 2:30. Amazing how fast temps drop inside when it's windy out.

So, based on the way I feel at the moment (& whether or not the power stays on), I think tonight is either going to be Zatarain's Dirty Rice Mix made with ground turkey along with a green salad, or Chinese takeout. I think that's gonna be the most "cuisine" I'm going to feel motivated to deal with - lol!

Bucky, the little one isn't so little any more! He's just as adorable as ever!!! Let us know how you make out at dinner. We went out with Sofie last night and she talked and laughed the entire time--another foodie has been born!

DH had to work all day so I'm beat--I've been up since 4 with Sofie, so we're just doing left overs. I have beef stroganoff and taco fixin's to finish up (not together, though!).

Buckytom- Wherever you go he will charm the wiatresses for sure - what a charmer!!!There is mischief written all over him but, he also has that look that can get away with murder!!!!

He's a beautiful child. I can see that same hint of mischief in his eyes that my youngest daughter had. He's going to have a great sense of humor, and a lot of friends.
I'll bet his daddy had that same look when he was little. :LOL: :LOL:

Texas, I love livers, but don't think I could go hearts...they're so tough! Do you do something to make them tender?

This is date night for me and g'pa :) , so we won't be doing much cooking. I have a couple cans of Cambells Chunky Clam Chowder in the pantry, and we'll have that with grilled Velveeta sandwiches...later.

Not only "how do you make them tender", but how do you get enough to make a meal? Do you just save them & freeze them over a period of time from whole chickens? Around here, chicken livers are all you'll find. Once in a blue moon, usually around the holidays, there'll be packages of mixed giblets for sale for gravy making.

My cats are the only ones who get to enjoy whatever comes out of the whole chickens I buy - lol!!

Ended up with sauteed turkey sausages served on a bed of mixed greens. Oh well, Dirty Rice will make a good quick meal for during the week.

Back
Top Bottom