Dinner, Saturday Nov 8th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happy birthday Lego Girl!!!!!

It's another owners birthday here too and his wife is throwing a taco party!
So it's Mexican food, beer and birthday cake!!

Pizza with homemade tomato sauce, pepperoni, Italian sausage, mushrooms, olives, onions, spinach, and mozzarella, smoked provolone, parmesan, fontina, romano and aged Asiago cheeses, on a Boboli.

Romaine lettuce salad with mushrooms, olives, and spinach that didn't make it on to the pizza, and Caesar dressing.

we have been grazing all day... i think i had last nights dinner for breakfast, then cereal for dinner.... soo sooo lazy today lol!

Lamb and roasted red potatoes and fennel was delightful! Fennel is my new favorite roasted veggie!!!

Oh, all your dinners sound so good! Things have finally settled down here after our first Art Walk of the year, and I celebrated selling FIVE paintings (well, actually four paintings and an ink drawing) by buying some nice fresh shrimp, sauteed with EVOO/butter, lots of garlic, and chiles, some Mexican-style rice and a green salad. Yummy.

Wow, I haven't started this for ages, but of course I haven't cooked a whole lot of dinners in ages either!

We are starting up our regular once a month dinner and a movie night with some friends. It is our turn to do dinner and they pick the movie.

I have some Italian sausage, bratwurst, chorizo and calebrese which I am going to cut up and saute together with onions and garlic. I am going to make a sauce (not exactly sure what kind yet, toss with some penne, put it all in a casserole and cover with cheese.

Sides will be Caear Salad and garlic bread. I also have a couple of appetizers - my own spinach dip on toast rounds and lime shrimp skewers. They are doing dessert.

Man... your dinner sounds awesome Laurie!!!

Chickpeas, lettuce, tomatoes, sweet onion, black olives, and feta in whole wheat pitas, topped with a yogurt/cumin sauce.

Whole wheat pitas stuffed with chickpeas, lettuce, tomatoes, sweet onion, black olives, and feta, topped with a yogurt/cumin sauce.

Pacanis, the sausage casserole ended up turning out better than I ever would have imagined. I sliced them all into rounds instead of crumbling the meat, added sauteed mushrooms and onions, garlic and then made a tomato sauce out of crushed tomatoes and some other tomatoes I previously stewed with basil and "canned'. I added some fresh herbs, mixed in the sausages and cooked penne and covered it with mozzarella and baked it. Everyone raved about it and I was even able to make a gluten/lactose free version for DH!

Back
Top Bottom