Dinner sept. 24, 2006?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm just getting breakfast together, luvs! I made bread last night and there is still one loaf left. I'll cut that thickly, make a hole in the center and drop an egg into it. (I already have the bread on the grill...:ermm:) In another pan, I'll sauté mushrooms and chopped tomatoes to spoon over the cooked egg & bread. Then sprinkle with romano cheese.

I also have crumb buns and almond danish from the german bakery. Juice and coffee..

Both kids are home, and one actually left a request to be called for breakfast.:rolleyes:.

Can I let you know about dinner, later? I need coffee first. Hope your day is great!

Dinner tonight?
My project for today is to clean out the 'frig'. Dinner is a mystery that will be revealed as that job progresses. I suppose anything that hasn't grown since it was put in is a possibility. If I remember the last week correctly (which is not a given), it will be a combination of Italian and party food.
After I make some room, I'll be watching this thread for ideas for the rest of the week. I think the theme of this coming week will be "Keep it Simple".
Have a lovely Sunday.

Since today is my grand daughter Alyssa's 13 birthday party, I get another day off:LOL: But I did make a breakfast that was pretty good. We had poppyseed,sunflower seed, bread toasted with jam,and butter, eggs over med. bacon, cottage fries, with a hint of garlic, you know just enough so you ask what is that in there? and fresh chopped parsley, wedged garden tomatoes and some sliced peaches.

kadesma

kadesma, as usual, my mouth is watering! We are snacking on middie's hot bacon cheese dip and bruschetta. For dinner - roasted (or grilled, weather permitting) tangy pork tenderloin, rice pilaf, cauliflower and cheese casserole, apple sauce. For dessert, jkath's banana bundt cake. Girls night tonight - maybe some leftover bacon cheese dip (if there is any) and I haven't decided between queso and chips or mj's meatballs - or who knows, maybe both - it is premiere night for Desperate Housewives, we should splurge!

Tonight I will have pot roast that I made yesterday in my Crock Pot before I went out for dinner. Probably a salad and a glass of wine.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Jill and Jolie

Michelemarie said:
kadesma, as usual, my mouth is watering! We are snacking on middie's hot bacon cheese dip and bruschetta. For dinner - roasted (or grilled, weather permitting) tangy pork tenderloin, rice pilaf, cauliflower and cheese casserole, apple sauce. For dessert, jkath's banana bundt cake. Girls night tonight - maybe some leftover bacon cheese dip (if there is any) and I haven't decided between queso and chips or mj's meatballs - or who knows, maybe both - it is premiere night for Desperate Housewives, we should splurge!
Hi Michele,
breakfast even if I had to make it turned out good today..Isn't that bacon cheese dip great? I made some yesterday for Cade's birthday party and I got one bite and poof the whole thing was gone!!! Same with the lemon pepper wings, geez, everyone ate as if it were their last meal:LOL: I'm just getting ready to go to my grand daughters party and I'm dreading that hour and a half ride..But.....
Now make both if youre going to watch Desparate housewives, just guessing who is gonna, well,any calories from the food will wear off just watching that bunch..They are so good they are BAAAAAAD!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

Having the Gramma's over for dinner tonight so its homemade pizza and some kind of apple dessert (I know that surprises y'all! :LOL: )

mudbug said:
we are picking my cousin from Phoenix up at Reagan National Airport and going here:

http://www.phillipsseafood.com/ayce.html

Oh, mudbug, I'm jealous. You're making me homesick for Maryland. I lived in one of DC's Maryland suburbs for 30 years. Yum! Yum! Phillips, etc. Blue crabs rock!

We're having baked salmon in parchment with julienned vegetables (carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, leek).

Last edited by a moderator:
Alix said:
Having the Gramma's over for dinner tonight so its homemade pizza and some kind of apple dessert (I know that surprises y'all! :LOL: )

Would that be APPLE pizza, Alix?

I have no idea and it's 4:00 - I want Gretchen's pulled pork (waaay too late for that), I want Beef Stroganoff, whoever posted that, I want a roast with carrots, veggies, etc., I want a salad from Chef Jen's thread, I don't however want Kate E.'s cousin that she pickled (I swear that's how I read it the first time!).

Maybe I'll get one of those roasted chickens and make homemade chicken enchiladas - maybe - unless I change my mind!

beef stew, white rice, mac-n-cheese, desserts: chocolate and vanilla cupcakes made by the girls, rice pudding and pumpkin pie

Well, after that big breakfast I assumed no one would be in the mood for anything. Wrong!

My daughter requested pasta with marinara sauce to bring back to the dorm. So, at 11:30am I was chopping garlic, making the sauce and cooking 2 pounds of pasta. She got some to take back to school, my boyfriend got some to take home, and my son and ex husband will get the rest.

There is still chocolate layer cake and a bunch of other treats from the german bakery.

I hope everyone has a pleasant work week!

We had, as my Grandad calls it, SDS (second day soup). I was gonna come home and make pesto with some grand finale meal but I just didn't have it in me. It was a physically tiring day and soon I will be off to the bath to soak my sore body. Dessert will probably be chocolate and tea, maybe a movie.

We mainly munched on tortilla chips with slasa, guacamole, & some cream cheese, chili, & cheese dip last night. The kids & I were still full from our lunch yesterday. We went here http://www.auntsues.com/index.html for sandwiches with my parents & then visited all the little shops to walk off dessert. I had a reuben & blueberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream, the kids both had turkey sandwiches & birthday cake ice cream in waffle cones.

Back
Top Bottom