Dinner Sept. 26, 2017 ~ Chewsday Tuesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Leftovers, must-goes, recycled food. Whatever you want to call it, that's supper at our place. I'll also make salads.

What's your supper plan for tonight?

Blackened shrimp tacos... Probably no sides as there will be enough slaw, etc in the taco itself...

Peach upside down cake for later... with a small scoop of ice cream on top..

Ross

Fresh salmon cooked in browned butter, steamed fresh baby asparagus, along with a small portion of steamed rice. Iced tea to wash it all down. Later tonight...Klondike bars while we watch the new season of our favorite TV programs.

Pretty much been trying to keep up with eating leftovers before they start singing serenades from inside the fridge.

Tonight is tuna casserole, so no big deal. Except I like it.

Chicken pot pie and garden tomato with cottage cheese for the Elders.

Attachments

• IMG_20170926_172103.jpg
    IMG_20170926_172103.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 119
Sounds good everyone!
We have no more leftovers to finish off,
but we do have our lunch that we had out
early this afternoon. We had doctor's
appointments, so we went out to this nice easy
going joint we found here in our new digs.

Park Plaza Deli.jpg

A hot Roast Beef and melted Cheddar Cheese on
a beautiful brioche bun and very crisp Sweet Potato Fries
(best I've ever had!) on the side. That was for me.
DELICIOUS and BIG!!! Loads of food.
DH ordered a wood fired pretzel with wonderful
smoked beer cheddar cheese sauce
as well as a small 12" cheese pizza.
We shared all of the above, but could not finish it all.
So, we will just have a repeat of our lunch :yum:

No photo tonight (I forgot to plug my phone into the charger this morning), but I had stuffed peppers. Basically just using up a lot of leftovers in the fridge.

The leftovers are gone, and I was hungry for a baked potato. I smothered my potato with chili and topped it with cheese. I didn't have any homemade chili left in the freezer, so I used Wolf Brand Chili, which is great on baked potatoes, hot dogs and Frito pies.

Here is a photo of my hot mess of a dinner.

CD

Attachments

• BakedTater9-17.jpg
    BakedTater9-17.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 125
ohh boy, absolutely all of those sound wonderful! Yup, even the leftovers!

Today was helping a friend move some things to her new house. I had said I would supply some munchies for the gang so yesterday I put together some fingerfood to take. Was pretty stuffed from that so I only had a couple of cookies that I had bought to finish off the munchies.

Yesterday I made the following to take:
Deviled eggs - (loved by all)
Pesto stuffed grape tomatoes speared on a chunk of cheese (general consensus was "meh..." so I'm guessing I will deep six that one from my appetizer list)
Roast Beef, Gorgonzola, green grape skewered - (voted best)
2 styles of pinwheels : a childhood favourite - peanut butter and banana, which it seems was a favourite of all but one, even then she took a bunch home for her kids, LOL;
smoked salmon with asparagus, very yummy! These 2 pinwheels sandwiches I rolled up tight in plastic wrap and sliced just before serving.
Finished off with the store bought cookies which I was pleasantly surprised to find out tonight were very tasty! and so a couple of those were my supper.

Today was a tough day and so we went out for Pho. Well, TB had Pho, we split a fried wonton appetizer and I had my usual Tempura.

Monkey got a special dinner too - canned tuna, her favourite! :cat:

DH saw an ad on Facebook for dinner at one of our favorite seafood restaurants - one appetizer, two entrées and two desserts, all for $40, offered on Mondays and Tuesdays. So we went last night. We shared an order of mini crab cakes, then he had the tempura shrimp tacos (I've had them and they're yummy) and I went old-school with a plate of fried shrimp (both came with two sides, too!). So we brought dessert home - a brownie topped with Duff Stuff (the chef's name is Duff; the stuff is peanut-butter-covered chow mein noodles) for me and cheesecake with strawberries for DH. Mmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom