Dinner Sunday 11th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just basted the abts with a strawberry/jalapeno sauce i made.. no real reason ... Just wanted to

My fries and Buffalo wing balls.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 161
Tonight we had the Asian Seared Tuna Salad that we had planned to have last night. It was delicious, but next time I would use more orange slices.

Oh man that looks good! I think I'm takin' out my sushi grade tuna tomorrow night for sashimi and spicy tuna rolls, could you give a hint on your seared tuna salad recipe? :)

My husband and I are both veterans, and take the day seriously. I made tonkatsu and soba noodles, and my local grocery had lovely pea pods. We sat and toasted each other. We renewed our ability to eat using chop sticks.

Bravo to my husband who served in Vietnam. Brava to me, who spent my early 20s on the Dew Line. Bravo, bravo, bravo, to Daddy who fought in the Korean war, and my many uncles who served in WWII. We lifted a toast to all of us.

Oh man that looks good! I think I'm takin' out my sushi grade tuna tomorrow night for sashimi and spicy tuna rolls, could you give a hint on your seared tuna salad recipe? :)
Thanks Greg! :)

Sure - not much to it really. The tuna I brushed with a mixture of soy sauce and sesame oil, then S&P'd, rolled in toasted sesame seeds and pan seared on all sides for about a minute or two on each side. The dressing was rice wine vinegar, a splash of sesame oil, lime juice, mustard, soy sauce, ginger, cilantro, and honey (sorry I don't have a recipe; I just sort of made it up as a I went).

And of course, chow mein noodles and chopped almonds for crunch.

Thanks Steve. This concept totally fits with my Japanese themed dinner tomorrow night. I'm thinking of inviting a guest. I hope my friend will condone the dinner interruptions for photo shoots! :D

Claire said:
My husband and I are both veterans, and take the day seriously. I made tonkatsu and soba noodles, and my local grocery had lovely pea pods. We sat and toasted each other. We renewed our ability to eat using chop sticks.

Bravo to my husband who served in Vietnam. Brava to me, who spent my early 20s on the Dew Line. Bravo, bravo, bravo, to Daddy who fought in the Korean war, and my many uncles who served in WWII. We lifted a toast to all of us.

Claire, thank you and your DH for your service. I raise my glass to you and all our dedicated service folk past present and future. Cheers!

Tonight for dinner we had stuffed baby portobello mushrooms for an appy and a seafood pasta carbonara sans the peas (I was out ) :( served with a green salad. I know Carbonara doesn't have seafood in it, but I wanted to throw some prawns in ( I tend to think we need protein every night, I need to break that habit) I didn't think the bacon would be hearty enough. ;-). I'm crazy :/

image-1244265460.jpg

image-1187246103.jpg

Last edited:
I'd have carbonara more often if it had more than bacon (and cheese) in it. I'm a protein junkie and it's totally working for my diet (my doctor agrees). I would have added some chicken or shrimp to the basic carbonara recipe.

BTW it's the rare day that I don't have cheese with both breakfast and dinner. Yet my doctor tells me my triglycerides and cholesterol are good, and I'm right in the middle BMI wise. I must be doing something right but I sure don't know what it is...

Last edited:
That looks fabulous SB :)

Claire, thank you and your DH for your service. I raise my glass to you and all our dedicated service folk past present and future. Cheers!

Tonight for dinner we had stuffed baby portobello mushrooms for an appy and a seafood pasta carbonara sans the peas (I was out ) :( served with a green salad. I know Carbonara doesn't have seafood in it, but I wanted to throw some prawns in ( I tend to think we need protein every night, I need to break that habit) I didn't think the bacon would be hearty enough. ;-). I'm crazy :/

View attachment 16297

View attachment 16298

I'd have carbonara more often if it had more than bacon (and cheese) in it. I'm a protein junkie and it's totally working for my diet (my doctor agrees). I would have added some chicken or shrimp to the basic carbonara recipe.

BTW it's the rare day that I don't have cheese with both breakfast and dinner. Yet my doctor tells me my triglycerides and cholesterol are good, and I'm right in the middle BMI wise. I must be doing something right but I sure don't know what it is...

You can always use the carbonara as a side dish. That is to say, make a salad and saute a cutlet.

You left the skin on your fries :):clap: It's the best way, yum! I like the fried skins more than the potato. Reminds me I haven't made loaded potato skins lately !

There are very few things that I peel a potato for... mashed is the only one that comes to mind :) And I love potato skins.

Thanks Kylie.

The tuna looks perfect, Steve.

Shrimp Carbonara is my favorite. Shrimp and bacon go so well together.

Back
Top Bottom