Dinner, Sunday, 1st November.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
I made boneless chicken with garlic cream sauce,veggies cooked on high in butter and mashed potatoes.Buttermilk spice cupcakes with caramel frosting for dessert.

Attachments

• IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 185
I just made up some fresh burger patties up and cooked a few on the Griddler for DH's lunch so he only has to heat them. I put a dozen in the freezer for meals here and left two out fresh for Dad and I to have tonight. I am leaving the choice of whether we have them as burgers or his favourite salisbury steak with smothered onion gravy. His decision will decide what sides.

A whole pork tenderloin roast with a real nice crust, smoky baked beans and homemade stewed apples.

I have a cornish game hen in the oven, some couscous ready to toss, and some brussels sprouts in the nukulator. Dinner in an hour, give or take.

I just made up some fresh burger patties up and cooked a few on the Griddler for DH's lunch so he only has to heat them. I put a dozen in the freezer for meals here and left two out fresh for Dad and I to have tonight. I am leaving the choice of whether we have them as burgers or his favourite salisbury steak with smothered onion gravy. His decision will decide what sides.

We went for the hamburgers...I had some buns I made a few weeks ago in the freezer and I warmed them in foil in the oven. I fried onions and had some swiss cheese slices and crispy bacon, lettuce and tomatoes. We just had some potato chips with them....and rootbeer of course!

Scampi on Couscous

1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
2 (8 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes in their juice
1 (8ounce) bottle clam juice
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 cup water
2 cups plain couscous
2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
Chopped parsley leaves, for garnish

In a large pot, heat 1/4 cup olive oil. When almost smoking, add onion, carrot and garlic and saute until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the canned tomatoes and their juice, clam juice and white wine. Bring to a boil and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes, uncovered. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Carefully pour tomato mixture in the bowl of a food processor and puree. Add a couple of tablespoons of water if needed - you want to end up with a broth. Check for seasoning.

Return broth to the pot. Add 1 cup of water and 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add 2 cups couscous. Cover pot and remove from heat. Let rest for 10 minutes, allowing the couscous to absorb all the liquid. Fluff with a fork and season with salt and pepper.

In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1/4 cup oil. Add shrimp and stirring occasionally, cook the shrimp until they start to turn pink, about 5 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp or they will become tough. Remove from heat and add the lemon juice, red pepper and chopped parsley. Check for seasoning.

To serve, mound the couscous in the center of a platter and top with the shrimp.

Pigs in a blanket, burgers, hot dogs, Italian green bean casserole, a tasty Indian rice and chicken dish, a very tasty couscous and ham dish, a not so tasty frittata, and assorted cakes for dessert.
There was also a chimichurri sauce for the burgers!

It was a potluck! I brought the pigs in a blanket because it was a going back to China for a grad student potluck, with lots of kids. Kids like them, and it was as "American" as I could think of, LOL!

well i had pork steaks in crock pot in sweet and sour sauce. not quite done when i was hungry. so fried up a couple eggs and had two pineapple muffins i made an hour before. also a huge glass of milk.

got several choices of low carbs frozen desserts, will have one of those.

well i had pork steaks in crock pot in sweet and sour sauce. not quite done when i was hungry. so fried up a couple eggs and had two pineapple muffins i made an hour before. also a huge glass of milk.

got several choices of low carbs frozen desserts, will have one of those.

Do you use chopped or crushed pinapple? Is the recipe posted here?

everyones food sounds great!!

yes vb how did you cook your cabbage? are those caraway seeds? i use fennel and caraway seeds for my sauerkraut and pork chop meal. your meal looks yummy!!

The cabbage was cooked in greased casserole dish. The cabbage was drizzled with garlic olive oil and caraway seeds, then baked.

Thank you kathleen and msmofet!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom