Dinner Sunday 25th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is "that" dreaded procedure?

The "dreaded procedure" involves the patient's laying on his side practically unconscious and nearly naked while a doctor (who probably wishes he had chosen gynecology as a specialty, so near and yet so far) snakes a little TV camera attached to a long flexible tube through a convoluted tubular part of your body using an opening that is customarily one way in the other direction.

I forgot what I was going to have for dinner :huh:
Come to think of it, I'm not that hungry anymore :sick:

;)

Andy, when you sign the procedure permission, make sure you are not giving away all mineral and mining rights. :ohmy: My favorite clear liquid food is red jello made with cranberry juice instead of H2O, it's not as sweet.

I stuffed a half acorn squash with some leftover turkey dressing for dinner. That's about all I am hungry for today.

Andy M. said:
The "dreaded procedure" involves the patient's laying on his side practically unconscious and nearly naked while a doctor (who probably wishes he had chosen gynecology as a specialty, so near and yet so far) snakes a little TV camera attached to a long flexible tube through a convoluted tubular part of your body using an opening that is customarily one way in the other direction.

Oh Andy :(." Been there done that" and will be doing again soon.....no fun. Here's hoping you get a "clean" bill of health!

Andy, when you sign the procedure permission, make sure you are not giving away all mineral and mining rights. :ohmy: My favorite clear liquid food is red jello made with cranberry juice instead of H2O, it's not as sweet.

I stuffed a half acorn squash with some leftover turkey dressing for dinner. That's about all I am hungry for today.

Red jell-o is specifically prohibited.

Got ya...hope all goes well Andy!

Good luck to you, Andy. My favorite college prof once told of the first time he had that procedure. He said as he was laying there in some kind of twilight trance, a group of medical students traipsed in and he was mortified. (He had signed the permission when he checked it....after all, it was a teaching hospital.) Just when he thought it could not get worse, he heard a soft voice say, "Hi, Mr. H. Remember me from Bio 101?" Yes, an former student. I thought I would share it with you so you had something to consider when you think it cannot get worse. I mean well. Truly. :)

Tonight, I made a turkey stew. Simmer the carcass all day. Strain out the carcass and add celery, carrots, potatoes, and pepper to the broth. Cook for 45 minutes then add chopped turkey and frozen peas. Then salt to taste. It's a pretty soup and is really yummy. (I do not stuff the turkey when I roast it, so no idea how it would be if I used a carcass with stuffing reside, but suspect it would be good.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom