Dinner Sunday 28th October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Using up leftovers and such that are in the fridge. Don't want to cook and have more leftovers in case the power goes out.

Steak sandwiches on hard rolls. Actually, I might just munch on them throughout the day and not have a true dinner today.

Either chicken nuggets and fries or ham and scalloped potatoes. Depends on the weather. So far, it's just a lot of rain. Had some high winds earlier but they have died down.

Gonna try Kadesma's chicken thighs and honey tonight. I had aimed to do this at the rendezvous but I 'spect it will be just as good in the oven. Gonna serve it with my version of Jamaican rice and peas.

Bucks County PA lamb and mushroom stew (onions bacon beer carrots peas and parsnips in there too) over wide noodles with kale.

Emptied my freezer of all my accumulated lamb neck pieces. (cheap, with bone and connective elements for great broth making!) I think I'll get two stews from all this...the other will be traditional Irish!

For Sunday Dinner I am making Khoresht Fesenjaan (Persian chicken), Tah Dig (Persian Rice), and Kukune Sabzi (Persian vegetable casserole). Then I am going to blow the whole theme by opening a bottle of F. Stephen Miller Angel's Reserve Viognier!

Last edited:
I made a big pot of posole with cheese quesadillas last night, so we just warmed it up and will keep it simmering on the stove for a bite whenever we want some. I'll make some guacamole in a little while to go with tortilla chips.

Attachments

• posole-1024w.jpg
    posole-1024w.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
I just made a big pot of chili. I'm thinking of making corn bread to go with it. Cool weather got me hungry for it.

I made a big pot of posole with cheese quesadillas last night, so we just warmed it up and will keep it simmering on the stove for a bite whenever we want some. I'll make some guacamole in a little while to go with tortilla chips.

That looks lovely GG :yum:

Lovely dinners all!
We had unexpected guests, had to feed 8 people. I made smoked pork spare ribs, boerewors (farmers sausage), summer squash, zucchini and french beans with garlic and chilli butter, glazed carrots and masala potato salad.
Everyone had seconds, so it must have been edible lol!

Ma's Sunday is in the works:yum: We will be having crab and cheese crostata the meal will be pork tenderloin, with apples cooked in butter and brown sugar,plus some apple cider, salt and pepper next baby white corn fried in C/O skillet,bread and butter, salad green today with onion bits,tomatoes, avocado and I plan to sneak in some anchovey and Andy;s moms pilaf we all love it so it's become a staple side around here. Better than S*X cake for dessert. And that's it for today. ;)
kades

Ma's Sunday is in the works:yum: We will be having crab and cheese crostata the meal will be pork tenderloin, with apples cooked in butter and brown sugar,plus some apple cider, salt and pepper next baby white corn fried in C/O skillet,bread and butter, salad green today with onion bits,tomatoes, avocado and I plan to sneak in some anchovey and Andy;s moms pilaf we all love it so it's become a staple side around here. Better than S*X cake for dessert. And that's it for today. ;)
kades

I wouldn't mind that Better than SOX cake recipe ;) :angel: and maybe the cheese and crab crostata :yum:

I'm thinking that by the time the late game is on (or the World Series, whichever I watch) I just might be hungry again after hitting it hard earlier today on steak sammies and popcorn, so I'm planning on roasting the two leftover prime rib bones from last night to pick on and cooking some jasmine rice with peas. Nice and easy. Everything will cook itself.

Reading this topic it makes me feel good to know that we are of a like mind. :)

I got on an international kick yesterday with lamburger patties plus typical Greek yogurt sauce (yogurt, chopped cucumber, minced green onions, garlic powder, salt, cumin) served with lettuce stuffed into pita pockets. While shopping for ingredients I succumbed to impulse buying and got the fixings for lox, cream cheese & onions on an everything toasted bagel for breakfast this morning. (It looks like tomorrow's breakfast too, until we run out of lox.)

Today I'm struck with craving Japanese food so I went on a food spree and bought ingredients for tuna sashimi, California roll, spicy tuna roll, and shrimp if I'm still hungry (not likely). If I go the round with the shrimp I can make some tempura and I've got plenty of vegetables for mixed tempura.

At present I'm sipping a Margarita and the sushi rice is done, I'm about ready to get out the tuna and start slicing the cucumber for the CA roll. I'm excited about tonight's dinner since I haven't made sushi/sashimi in at least 2 years.

Last edited:
I bought one of Costco's beautiful boneless legs of lamb. It's too big a piece of meat for us, so I took it out of the elastic netting and sliced it in half length wise to freeze it for another time, returning the half to be frozen back into the netting. The other half I used my handy dandy silicone bands to hold it together in the stove top smoker I'll be using on the grill. We like our lamb med. rare so I'll also add some fresh asparagus bundles in the smoker, and all should be done around the same time. I'll do some onion/parsley orzo to finish the meal.
The lamb is seasoned with lots of fresh chopped mint and garlic. I don't like traditional Rosemary.

I'm sure keeping all you East Coasters in my thoughts....hang tight and stay safe!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom