Dinner Sunday 30th December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• pork loin1.jpg
    pork loin1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 185
  • pork loin2.jpg
    pork loin2.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 172
Looks good Pac!

We had Philly Steak Sandwiches tonight made with thin sliced beef I found at the grocery, some mushrooms, thin sliced bell pepper and a packet of my perfectly caramelized crock pot onions from my freezer. I added a glob of Cheese Whiz (gasp) at the end of cooking and piled it onto toasted hogie rolls. We also had spinach salad with mushrooms, onion and avocado. Oh yeah.......

We ended up having curried cabbage with Brats. It's too hot to make soup! The cabbge was great though, I ate mainly cabbage and half a brat.

I spent all yesterday and today cleaning up my "crib" so I could have my new friends/neighbors K & C over for our first dinner at my place. I cooked my recipes "Enchiladas Suisas" and "Chilis Rellenos Casserole" from my super-secret underground recipe website.

I'm not used to cooking for guests and our 5 p.m. dinner turned into a 7:30 p.m. dinner but speaking for myself I had a great time (a bit on the spot for cooking so late) but my guests appeared to have a good time and they enjoyed our dinner (served with snacks before dinner and a salad just before). We've been neighbors for a year but only recently began socializing, and I'm looking forward to joining them soon (she says she cooks a mean stuffed bell pepper recipe) and I'll enjoy having them back soon.

I shot a few pics of the food with my new Canon T4i, Santa brought it a few days before Xmas due to excessive bribes (yes, Santa actually does accept bribes, through intermediaries such as Fry's Electronics) and here's my shot before I served dinner:

Last edited:
I made PowerPlantTop's Ginger Scallion sauce over rice vermicelli with chicken and shrimp. I added some garlic into the oil with the ginger and scallions (green onions here) and it was very tasty! I served it with baby bok choi steamed with lemon. YUM!

I made PowerPlantTop's Ginger Scallion sauce over rice vermicelli with chicken and shrimp. I added some garlic into the oil with the ginger and scallions (green onions here) and it was very tasty! I served it with baby bok choi steamed with lemon. YUM!

Glad you liked it.

Glad you liked it.

I have a picture but my computer is so slow I am having trouble loading and resizing them.

This is something that makes poultry (my main protein right now) taste much better and ginger and any form of onion are on my "good candida killers" list. So is garlic, which is why I added some! I will be making this often, maybe even just over rice noodles or brown rice. :)

PS, sorry I spelled your name wrong :angel:

I have a picture but my computer is so slow I am having trouble loading and resizing them.

This is something that makes poultry (my main protein right now) taste much better and ginger and any form of onion are on my "good candida killers" list. So is garlic, which is why I added some! I will be making this often, maybe even just over rice noodles or brown rice. :)

PS, sorry I spelled your name wrong :angel:

Looking forward to seeing your pic when you get it working.

It is a good base sauce to work with.

No problem on the name. Call me what you want just don't call me late for dinner. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

my dinner last night was sabra brand chpotle hummus eaten with 2 large carrots and 2 stalks of celery, a large salad, and a soft taco.

i've been on this diet (not so much the taco, but the hummus, veggies, and salad eaten first to make me feel full) for about 7 weeks now and i've lost about 16 pounds.

oh, and i had a brownie and a christmas cookie.

they say you shouldn't lose weight too fast, you know. ;)

I pan-grilled a couple of sirloin steaks from the Omaha Steaks package DH's brother gave us for Christmas and served them with au gratin potatoes from the same package, pan-roasted green beans with shallots and bacon, and toasted French bread with butter.

Back
Top Bottom