Dinner Sunday 3rd February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it doesnt really matter who wins to me .. i dont have a issue with ray lewis ... he gets a bit carried away at times .. but i tune out pretty easily .. or maybe im easily distracted and dont pay attention for that .. hey a squirrel ...
anywho .. going to make deep dish pizza .. my way .. and some other pizzas .. buffalo chicken dip .. some buffalo wings .. and some abts ...

I am not sure what today's meal will be. I have to get groceries so I may stop at my butcher's and see if he has anything on special today. I have some thin cut chicken breasts I could do a stir-fry or chicken tenders with. But TB has eaten a lot of poultry lately (I am not allowed much red meat) so if I can get him a nice steak that would work.

Anyway, I will report back! :)

Wow it looks great Kyles I am so pleased you liked it. It is actually a friends recipe and I will tell her she will be chuffed .

Thanks so much GQ :)

Yes, please do tell your friend, it was perfect!

Did she just make it up herself?

Oh btw, Steve said it did tast quite similar to the chippies back in the UK, when he had the curry sauce with chips ;)

oh man, that looks good, kylie. thanks for the pics, and to gq for the recipe.

since it's super bowl sunday here, we're having shrimp cocktail, a mixed green salad with creamy bacon dressing, loaded nachos, and broiled buffalo wings.

go ravens! i want to hear the 9'ers say nevermore.

Thanks heaps Tom :)

I love the sound of your dinner, my kind of meal YUM!

While the game is on, I'll be fiddling on the computer and only half paying attention. I am making wings though. They are in the oven and I'll make some corn to go with them and call it a meal.

It's just the two of us today. The game is on, we are half watching and half hanging out on the computer. We like the commercials ;) we always joke that if we have to leave the room, we have to wait for the commercials to be over lol! As far as today's dinner......
We are going to have nachos, Chips and dips, chicken breast chunks with bourbon/honey sauce, and winter citrus salad. I have some frozen samosas that I might heat up too.

My butcher didn't disappoint! Got a beautiful steak (In the US you call it New York) and the market had some mushrooms on sale. I have some fingerling potatoes which I will bake and add tomatoes and cucumber. This will be TB's dinner when he comes home from work.

I will have chicken cutlet (no breading) with the rest of the kale I got a few days ago and the tomatoes and cucumber.

I got some beautiful strawberries for dessert! We haven't had dessert for ages so this will be nice. :)

Last edited:
Wow it looks great Kyles I am so pleased you liked it. It is actually a friends recipe and I will tell her she will be chuffed .

Your recipe sounds great! What is the reason for both flours? Can I just use all plain flour or do I need to combine it with the self-rising flour? (I don't have any self rising flour in the house, so I would have to make my own).

Guys, the Chinese Chicken Curry was absolutely delicious, I urge you all to try it :)

Thank you so much for a fabulous, tasty recipe GQ :)

Flatbread we made

P1000992.JPG

Chinese Chicken Curry

P1000988.JPG

Looks fantastic, Kylie!

Tonight I'm making pan-fried rainbow trout with a white wine/garlic/butter sauce with lemon juice and herbs. Serving it with basmati rice and roasted broccoli.
Mexican Chocolate Icebox Cake for dessert.

Tonight I'm making pan-fried rainbow trout with a white wine/garlic/butter sauce with lemon juice and herbs. Serving it with basmati rice and roasted broccoli.
Mexican Chocolate Icebox Cake for dessert.

That all sounds amazing Merstar :yum:

Everyone's dinners look and sound yummy!

Ours was pretty good too. DH was very thankful for his steak and I grilled it perfectly. I feel so bad cooking so much poultry, but it is good when I can surprise him like this! :)

We're half watching the game too.....pretty funny about the power outage. I wonder who lost their job?

We aren't much for snacking so we're hungry for dinner. I tried to organize some of my printed recipes today and lit upon Phillipino Chicken Adobo. It's sure smelling good and will be served over rice with a side salad. I'd be happy to post it if anyone is interested.

That curry dish looks wonderful and it's printed and ready. I'd love to see the flat bread recipe too Kylie....post it for posterity please?

Last edited:
The nachos and the citrus salad were yum! I used an artisan cheese I got at Costco, it was called buffalo wing cheddar. Oh my it was really spicy. Didn't need any jalapeños on these nachos.

image-3046751238.jpg

image-3075081394.jpg

We're half watching the game too.....pretty funny about the power outage. I wonder who lost their job?

We aren't much for snacking so we're hungry for dinner. I tried to organize some of my printed recipes today and lit upon Phillipino Chicken Adobo. It's sure smelling good and will be served over rice with a side salad. I'd be happy to post it if anyone is interested.

That curry dish looks wonderful and it's printed and ready. I'd love to see the flat bread recipe too Kylie....post it for posterity please?

Yes, please post the Filipino Chicken Adobo!

The nachos and the citrus salad were yum! I used an artisan cheese I got at Costco, it was called buffalo wing cheddar. Oh my it was really spicy. Didn't need any jalapeños on these nachos.

Looks great!

@ Kayelle - I thought the person who lost their job was the guy who messed up the sound in the earlier pre-game show with Brett Farve. It's funny because I thought the same thing. "Someone's head will roll." :LOL:

I made Mini-Po'Boys with potato salad, Chicken-Sausage gumbo, and banana trifle for dessert. There is a picture here.

An exciting game.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom