Dinner Sunday 7th of Aug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Made a Beef Roast with Bacon and Cheese Potato Bake and Glazed Carrots for my family and I had a light veggie soup. I just wasn't up to having a heavy meal tonight.

I'll carve up and package the chicken I grilled yesterday and decide then. Either chimichitos or creamed chicken over cornbread. I'm leaning towards the creamed chicken.

I'll carve up and package the chicken I grilled yesterday and decide then. Either chimichitos or creamed chicken over cornbread. I'm leaning towards the creamed chicken.
I just cut up a chicken and rubbed it up for the bbq. Going to go with that Bobby Flay recipe I discovered a few weeks ago. I think that is my new bbq chicken recipe. Pretty stellar, and was a hit.
Cob on the corn, cucumber salad, beer w/ lemonade.....

One of the avocados ripened today, so I cooked the shrimp and made shrimp salad. I reserved about a quarter of the shrimp and added it to a bowl of gazpacho.

I'll let the salad cool for a couple of hours, then stuff the avocado. If I get hungry before then, I'll just have some shrimp gazpacho.

The last couple of days, we've been puzzling over a package in the freezer simply marked with an "X". That's something SO does assuming "X" will only be in there for a short while and we'll remember what it is. Well, it's been there a while longer and we didn't remember so I opened it up to find half of a stuffed flank steak - a leftover we had frozen.

So, flank steak stuffed with spinach and feta cheese, along with roasted red potatoes and a salad or veggie - "It's what's for dinner!"

I'm brining a turkey breast that I intend to smoke/grill on the Weber. Probably have a salad with garden veggies, but not sure what kind of starch yet, lots of garden potatoes already, but have eaten them last 3 nights :)

Today was a late breakfast of sausage and pancakes with real maple syrup.

Tonight pizza and a couple bottles of cold beer.

Whilst digging in the freezer I ran across a Corned Beef Brisket I bought a while back...Actually one of several.....It tasted darn good for Sunday dinner....Now I'm looking forward to a Reuben or two...or three.

Well.....the smoked turkey breast turned out fabulous!
image-1355235624.jpg
I used some alder blocks and some cherry chips for smoking.
I thought Kayelle's suggestion of stuffing to go with it was a good one but, it was warm here today and I thought a cool side was in order. I made a Norwegian spaghetti salad and a green salad.
image-2184896238.jpg
Everything was delish!

Last edited:
OMG, Bunny! That looks fantastic!

Patty, your pasta primavera looked wonderful as well!

All menus sounded so good!

Sigh. Left over pizza here. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Last edited:
A BLT with avocado

254734_1878284525717_1499378782_1560108_1417143_n.jpg

Well.....the smoked turkey breast turned out fabulous!
View attachment 11736
I used some alder blocks and some cherry chips for smoking.
I thought Kayelle's suggestion of stuffing to go with it was a good one but, it was warm here today and I thought a cool side was in order. I made a Norwegian spaghetti salad and a green salad.
View attachment 11737
Everything was delish!

Looks amazing! I was still full from dinner until I saw those pictures. Wow. Those belong in the food pictures thread.

We had steaks, just fried with a little black pepper, salad, cheesy jalapeno hashbrowns and vanilla ice cream topped with a spiced black plum puree.

Back
Top Bottom