Dinner Sunday Aug. 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sunday is pizza day here. Difference is......all the kids coming over.

well that Brisket I did on Friday and then cooked yesterday has been in the fridge and will be served on Tiger loaf buns with home made (and grown) Horseradish, and a nice salad.
the Stock left from the cooking of it will be used tomorrow.

Ahh Sunday dinner:LOL: Today bbq country style ribs, green salad, tiny yukons, par boiled and then dressed with evoo, salt,pepper, chopped parsley and sweet onion and green beans mixed in.Grilled thick slices of eggplant and white zucchini, brushed with garlic evoo.. deviled eggs, grilled bread our platter of melons, grapes, peaches..Dessert more peaches made into homemade ice cream with molasses cookies.
Happy Sunday everyone.
kadesma:)

We had a club outing today - a drive followed by a lake-side brunch followed by the long drive home, and now we're watching the end of the ALMS race ... ALL to say ... we're having leftovers tonight: smokey pulled pork sandwiches and coleslaw (the vinegary type) ... and beer :)

I boiled up some large shrimp in the shell & served them with a Nuoc Cham dipping sauce for a change (minced hot chilis, garlic, ginger, lime juice, rice vinegar, sugar, & fish sauce).

dw had an obligatory day at the mall (they get upset when she hasn't been there for a few days and start sending get well cards, with discounts, the @#$%$$ %^&$%#@)

so the boy and i went shopping for stuff for dinner. we ended up with the fixin's for a sausage and fresh sweet basil lasagna.

i used ronzoni no-bake noodles, part skim mozz and ricotta, a coupla eggs, sweet sausage, fresh sweet basil from my garden, and since i didn't have enough time to cook down my own termaters, i used "newman's own" marinara (i know, for shame! :().

my shop-aholic was skeptical when she arrived home, having had bad experiences with no-bake noodles. but i followed the rules of covering every noodle edge to edge with sauce or "wet" ricotta/egg mixture, and i left some room for expansion. it came out great. mostly tender, not too runny, with some crisp edges. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom