Dinner Sunday, August 19th.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Hi everyone,
up early today, need to get started on dinner prep and tohave my breakfast date with DH.;)
Having extras today so a few things that I have to do.
appies:I made some polenta last night,adding butter, garlic,gorgonzola,dry jack cheese,and parmesan smoothed it out on baking sheet and it now needs to be cut into rounds..To top it I made some pesto with sun dried tomatoes..We are also having a big platter of icy cold shrimp and cocktail sauce.
dinner itself is grilled steaks with some compound butter,garlic and anchovies...mushrooms, sauteed in butter and evoo, twice baked potatoes with butter sour cream, sliced green onions and crumbled bacon..a big tossed green salad, plus the usual fruit platter, For dessert I made a batch of cream puffs, youngest son has someone for us to cater tooooo Woo Hoo life is busy and full so that is it..Lets hope she likes the menu:LOL:
kadesma-happy sunday everyone.

Last edited:
Holy moly kadesma! I wanna eat at your place tonight! I haven't decided whether or not to do pork steaks on the BBQ (its mizzly outside and likely to stay that way) or to make it into BBQ'ed pork cubes and serve it over rice. Oooooooooo...wait, I think I'm going to stir fry it. I have a TON of fresh veggies to do it with. Yep, thats what we're doing. And we'll have a nice big green salad with extra garden veggies. Dessert is going to be a Nutella cake. PA Baker sent me the recipe and its finally cool enough for me to try it out today.

ahhhh.. Sunday ... my favorite day .. tonight we are having a turkey breast tenderloin ..
never had one before ... the DW picked it up on sale the other day .. thinking of wrapping it in a few slices of some thick cut bacon and grilling it .. also going to make some
mashed potatoes with bacon and chives .. some fresh corn on the cob on the grill ..
a salad .. maybe some ice cream for dessert .. busy day .. we are leaving for vacation wed.:bounce:

Slow roast lamb in red wine.

Browned off a leg of lamb in the pan in some hot oil, stuck in some chunky onions, carrots, pots, rosemary and half a bottle of red wine, covered with foil and stuck in oven at gas mark 3.

It's been in for 4 hours so far and just turned temp right down. Just need to wait for wife to get home after an afternoon out.

Man I'm hungry!

DH has requested Penne pasta with Italian Sausage in red sauce and we finally have enough lemon cucumbers for a nice salad with home grown grape tomatoes.

Grilled tuna steaks with grilled romaine salad topped with bleu cheese dressing for DH and Italian dressing for me, and imitation crab pasta salad.

Note: I ended up marinating my tuna steak with Ken's Asian Ginger, Soy and Sesame salad dressing and using it on the tuna/romaine salad. DH marinated his with peanut oil and Paul Prudhomme's Fish Blackening stuff. Turned out very well.

Last edited:
We had a lot of Alaskan crab legs leftover from a boil yesterday, so I spent some time to shell the leftovers and ended up with nearly 1.5 ponds of Alaskan crab meat. So, tonight it will be grilled Beef Petite Tender, Crab Cakes with Remoulade sauce, West Indies Crab salad, and Potato Ragout.

tonight is leftover night. We're trying to clear up some space in the fridge (which means that I can't make what I wanted to make - pot stickers) so it's prolly going to be, noodles with mushroom sauce and the soy beef strips :)glare:not a fan of the beef strips). along with some carrots, steamed, and I'm going to make these peas which I've made before and loved:)

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f18/peas-with-rosemary-and-pine-nuts-4564.html

oh man

I just made a fine cheese steak with the end of an Italian bread loaf, amish country flat steaks (really good steak ums) and shredded mozzarella. Added tomato slices and some of my slaw, a bit of ketchup. Not exactly fine dining, but it was very fine :D

Ground sirloin simmered in chicken broth with onions, salt and pepper.

Red potatoes and onions coated with oil/lemon juice/cracked pepper/seasoning salt/parsley and then put under the broiler to brown.

Sweet corn on the cob.

Well, originally I was going to grill some quail along with some veggie sides, but the combination of scattered showers plus the Anthony Bourdain "No Reservations" mini-marathon that's been going on since noon sort of kaboshed that. I ended up doing some (very minor - lol!!) housework & playing with my new DVD recorder (nothing like having Bourdain episodes at my beck & call - lol!!!) while my husband surprising me by coming home with turkey taco fixings (what a guy!!!!). So that's what we had - delicious, easy, & quick enough to whip up inbetween "No Reservations" episodes - lol!!!!

we went back to weed orchards again today, so after a fun day of picking peaches, plums, ginger and jonah gold apples, red and regular bartlett pears, watermelons, and fresh supersweet corn, we had no time to cook. so, it was takeout italian again.

insalata mista, calamari affogati, chicken piccata, linguini, and cavatelli with broccoli.

I made jambalaya with andouile sausage and shrimps, which you will most likely see in reruns at least one day further into this week. Beverage was Coke Zero, and dessert was chocolate ice cream with whipped cream.

I don't normally post to these threads because I never know what DW will want for dinner, but I had to post last night's dinner.

We had butter sauteed shrimp and asparagus. I made a side salad for DW, but I wasn't hungry enough to eat a salad too.

The shrimp turned out really good. My 4yo daughter hugged my leg and said "daddy, you're the best shrimp-cooker ever!" It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Ok, back to work.

[edited to add] I used some homemade roasted garlic butter to do the sauteeing. I think it added a lot of flavor! [\edit]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom