Dinner Sunday, Dec. 24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Since tomorrow is our big day - Iam fixing Bnls. thighs, floured and browned, then in the oven, with dressing on top . Mashed potatoes/ gravy, peas and NY bread I made yesterday. Cookies for dessert, Ice cream for grandsons !

chicken breasts in a chili/breadcrumb coating, served with a Ranch salad and parmesan slivers.

Our tradition - mexican food - On the Border - has anyone heard of that restaurant? They have great Swirls - margarita mixed with sangria! Merry Christmas Eve!

A wonderful crusted prime rib of beef, parmasan scalloped potatoes and roasted red onions with honey. Yum!

Linda

We are going to my family's house - my mom is cooking a turkey, we're also having a salad with shaved beets, not sure what else.

Husband & I will be having our traditional holiday-eve dinner of takeout pizza.

We do this for every major holiday. This way I have no cooking or dishes to worry about & have a clean slate (& kitchen) to concentrate on tomorrow's Roast Goose feast (we have a whopping 15-3/4 pound free-range/organic one this year - will have lots of leftovers for the New Year's Cassoulet!!).

Plus, frankly, as much as I love cooking, it's just really nice to be able to just sit back & enjoy Xmas eve.

I am going to have a early dinner and I plan to make a large caesar salad with sliced chicken and caesar dressing.

Tomorrow is Christmas and my girlfriend Sandy is make a lot of food so I want to eat small tonight.

Michelemarie----it's Mexican for my family, too, living in Texas. We have On the Border restaurants and they are very good. Will have to give your sangria margaritas a try the next time that we go---sounds delish. Anyway for dinner tonight we are having tamales that my DH bought from a local tamale factory (jalapeno, pork, and spinach), chili, refried beans, guacamole, salad, and killer raisin/nut scones.
Michelemarie said:
Our tradition - mexican food - On the Border - has anyone heard of that restaurant? They have great Swirls - margarita mixed with sangria! Merry Christmas Eve!

We're doing the take out thing. I would prefer to start with a clean kitchen tomorrow too!!! Though a stop to get a margarita or two sounds pretty good!;) Merry Christmas everyone!!!:santa:

We'll be having a salad.
It'll be romaine in a great maytag blue cheese dressing (made with mint, basil, goat cheese, buttermilk, oj, sour cream and half n half). I'm making some kahlua chile pecans and I'll throw in some sliced pears too. Should be tasty.

BreezyCooking said:
Husband & I will be having our traditional holiday-eve dinner of takeout pizza.

We do this for every major holiday. This way I have no cooking or dishes to worry about & have a clean slate (& kitchen) to concentrate on tomorrow's Roast Goose feast (we have a whopping 15-3/4 pound free-range/organic one this year - will have lots of leftovers for the New Year's Cassoulet!!).

Plus, frankly, as much as I love cooking, it's just really nice to be able to just sit back & enjoy Xmas eve.
I am doing that next year - we did it that last night - tired Grandma ! lol

I spent 7 hours today making appetizers and preparing most of the meal for tomorrow. I have the dressing, scalloped corn and sweet potato casserole prepared and ready to pop in the oven to cook tomorrow.....I even got my pies done.
We'll be eating a variety of appetizers or else they can heat up the homemade chicken & noodles and mashed potatoes I made today for tomorrows meal.

Mexican food on Christmas eve is a family tradition for us, too! The only exception to the rule was when we were living in New Orleans.

So tonight it's going to be tamales with chili gravy, cheese enchiladas with adobo sauce, chicken enchiladas with cheese sauce, rice and refried beans.

Smoked turkey, roasted turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, tamales, green bean casserole, green salad, and lots of desserts. May you all enjoy your Christmas dinner tonight!

We pigged out on appys and cheeses....oh how I love snacks for a dinner! :pig: :LOL:

we did the festa di quatro pesce.

lol, we only had 4 fishes, not 7. hey, i'm not even italian, so don't gimme any lip, capeesh?

i started with pickled herring in white wine and onions, then i made scallop and shrimp marinara, and dw made fried flounder.

salad, pasta, and steamed broccoli rounded it out.

i fed the boy first while dw finished cooking, then we all ate together. since the little guy was finished first, he grabbed a cupcake and italian finger cookies and sat ready to chow down. i pretended to cry because he was gonna start dessert without me, so he sat patiently staring at his plate of sweets, drooling with anticipation. the second i was done and said ok, he excitedly stuffed a whole mini-cupcake into his mouth, the wait nearly getting the best of him. like a junkie getting his fix he slumped in his chair, eyes glazed over with a sugar rush, sporting a nice, white frosting moustache.
best cupcake ever. :)

Everyone's dinner sounds soo good! I thought we were unique in mexican food for Christmas Eve-guess not. The sound of tamales sound so good. We used to buy them when from people who made them homemade when we lived in Texas - sure do miss that.

Michelemarie said:
Everyone's dinner sounds soo good! I thought we were unique in mexican food for Christmas Eve-guess not. The sound of tamales sound so good. We used to buy them when from people who made them homemade when we lived in Texas - sure do miss that.

Michele - would you believe that on the night of the 23rd we had a major crime spree ... someone broke into our best "homemade" tamale factory and they stole everything that had been perpared for Christmas Eve - about 400-450 dozen tamales!

Back
Top Bottom