Dinner Sunday, Dec.31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Having my meatloaf, baked potatoes, green beans and NY Bread that I didn't fix yesterday! Lol, changed my mind - having spaghetti and garlic bread (NY) ! For sure now--sauce is a cookin' !!

Last edited:
Unless I get inspired to fix something else, it will be pintos with choice of cornbread or tortillas. Just not sure if I will change my mind yet.

We're having ham tonight,found a different recipe on the back of a uncle bens stuffing box ,with ham broccoli and stuffing..well sounds weird,but might be good.

Hmmmmm. I am feeing uninspired tonight. My last 2 meals haven't been all too fantastic and that kinda makes me feel like having the wife take care of it tonight.

We'll see!

I have a couple of huge steaks I bought yesterday at a very unfriendly Albertsons. Oh well, maybe Santa forgot all those employees. Marinating it in all sorts of salsa's that I have, for many hours today, that way, if I put it on the grill pan, the flavors have a chance of penetrating the meat. I also bought two extra large bakers that I'll stuff with cottage cheese and salsa for me, the DH will get all the fun stuff. Roasted carrots in the oven and an interesting salad. Must be the A+ blood that flows through my veins, I'm craving lot's of greenery. {Hey wait, am I VeraBlue? hahahhahh.....} So I'll come up with a lot of veggies that I can incorporate into the worlds best salad, I hope! Lemon cake and lemon glaze for desert for my doll that I'll simply smell. Rats!

Happy New New to you all!

Mince and mashed tatties :chef:

My Scottish grandmother introduced this to me and my mother after her. It's quite simple. Just ground beef, browned, with nearly all the fat drained off; reserve a Tablespoon or so. Then you add a cup of water and a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce and simmer about 10 minutes. You'll have a clear "gravy". Spoon the mince over hot mashed potatos and serve with peas. That's what's for dinner tonight. Gid nicht, Hannah Douglas Brown, I miss you!

Fraidy

Soup and bread. Got some crab bisque for those feeling adventurous, and regular turkey noodle for those not. LOL. Come tonight I will be more than ready for a big old glass of something sparkly to bring in the new year.

i promised dw lobsters, but the store that had the big sale was out of smaller whole lobsters. the only remaning live monsters were 3lbs. +, at $11.99 per pound, so i went with a half dozen small (4 oz) tails, $6.99 each.

i picked up a shrimp cocktail ring, but we never got around to that because the little guy wasn't cooperating.

i steamed the tails for just 3 to 4 minutes, then let them cool a little covered in foil in a bowl while i melted and clarified a stick of butter.
we had white rice, steamed corn, and fresh semolina bread, and iced green tea along with the tails.

the tails were cooked just thru, so the retained their flavor and were especially sweet, drenched in ghee.
there's something about sweet corn, sweet butter, sweet tea, and crusty bread that just matches lobsters perfectly.

We had Arby's....I'd been craving that for awhile (no I'm not pregnant...lol!). I really wanted to fix us a special meal but I'm down with back pain.....not sure what I did.

FraidKnot said:
Mince and mashed tatties :chef:
My Scottish grandmother introduced this to me and my mother after her. It's quite simple. Just ground beef, browned, with nearly all the fat drained off; reserve a Tablespoon or so. Then you add a cup of water and a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce and simmer about 10 minutes. You'll have a clear "gravy". Spoon the mince over hot mashed potatos and serve with peas. That's what's for dinner tonight. Gid nicht, Hannah Douglas Brown, I miss you!
Fraidy

I loved your story:wub: ..........I'll make your meal, perhaps even tonight. All I have is ground sirloin, is that okay, it doesn't make much fat.......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom