Dinner - Sunday, January 15, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Baked penne (LOTS of cheese!) and salad

img_1096465_0_88489e510c4508bdd6f4a2313f9e57e7.jpg

img_1096465_1_330a3c3af98fed8fc70693264c9134fd.jpg

Yummers, guys!

DH got a bit wild on the cruciferous vegetables, so I'm making brocolli and cauliflour soup. Should have enough left over to send some to Frank and Andy.

DebLyn, I'd be excited too if I were making a Mexican dinner. It's one of my favorite cuisines.

I have an easy dinner and I planned it just this way for the weekend. Leftover Chili and a handfull of tortilla chips for dipping. Coca Cola.

Dinner is over, and I didn't think to take pictures. It was actually picture worthy today!! We had steak kabobs with orange, red, and yellow peppers and red onions. We also had shrimp kabobs with honey and lemon. And...grilled gold potatoes. That, and white wine. Everything was not only very good looking, but also very good tasting. After dinner we roasted marshmallows over the fire pit on the deck.

Chicken stir fry with basmati rice. DH and I did the prep together, he did the "frying" I make the "sauce".

View attachment 12840

That looks good! I'm going to have to make a stir-fry soon. I bought a lot of rice today, so there is no reason not to.

This was our dinner.... simple chicken-noodle soup.... all done in the small crock-pot, except for the veggies. They were done in the oven, then added later.

img_1096562_0_d37aed87559fdc7d0f9a1a8721625498.jpg

img_1096562_1_7b562d36664ea192ce1afa6029718892.jpg

Had some cottage cheese I wasn't pleased with (low fat, very watery). Gave most of it to Rosebud, kept a cup aside and made blintzes with it. Husband was very, very, very happy (as was doggie Rosebud).

Well, our big football night was yesterday. So today was a pick day. Scrambled eggs and a slice of ham.

Whenever there is a big game on, I can't eat until the game is over. One more game to go. :cool:

Is blue cabbage what a Dane would call red cabbage? Is that a rouladen made with beef? pork? I'm getting hungry just thinking about this.

I think you might be right with the red cabbage.. we have both names in G..
and yes, that was beef, filled with ground pork and pickled cucumber..

I have a pic on my computer (I'm here with the MacBook), will post it these days..

Back
Top Bottom