Dinner Sunday January 23, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pass on a Happy Birthday from me to Shrek!!!!!

How about something that was popular to eat is his birth-year? You could have a retro-dinner.

Gerbers? :huh:

:LOL:

I decided on a small steak thrown on the grill, along with a morphed version of Keyelle's shrimp florentine (I hope fresh spinach will work) and Laurie's mushroom gratin.

After the debaucherous eating I've done over the weekend....it will probably be a nice green salad.:rolleyes:

Cold, cold, cold...therefore, comfort food is required.

We're having roast beast, gravy, mashed potatoes, buttered peas, iced tea, and wedding cake for dessert.

I was at the bakery that made our wedding cake last week and they were selling the same cake by the slice, sooooo.............

We also may have some of the fresh beignets I made this afternoon. Glenn had never heard of nor had them and is now very addicted.:LOL:

After the debaucherous eating I've done over the weekend....it will probably be a nice green salad.:rolleyes:

Nice use of debaucherous! What did you have that was so debaucherous?

PS I looked it up and it is spelled right.:LOL:

Last edited:
I am baking turkey wings and sweet potatoes, not together of course. lol
I am also going to throw together some smothered green beans and a little cranberry coleslaw.

Nice use of debaucherous! What did you have that was so debaucherous?

PS I looked it up and it is spelled right.:LOL:

LOL! Yep, I looked it up, too....I'm weird about those types of things.

Anyway....I had pizza, dessert pizza (S'Mores pizza?? Da*n you, Papa Murphy!:mad:), a GIANT burrito, Catfish Cabin buffet...it goes on and on...it was not pretty.:wacko:

Last edited:

Anyway....I had pizza, dessert pizza (S'Mores pizza?? Da*n you, Papa Murphy!:mad:), a GIANT burrito, Catfish Cabin buffet...it goes on and on...it was not pretty.:wacko:

Ugly food needs nommed, too!:LOL:

Then I guess I'm weird about those things too. :ROFLMAO: Sounds like you ate for the whole week. But you'll be good this week, I'll bet.

You gotta let loose one in a while.:chef:

White Pasta Fagioli (sweet Italian sausage, cannellini beans, fresh garlic, fresh parsley, olive oil, Ditalini pasta, sea salt, ground peppercorns and ground red pepper flakes) topped with fresh grated Romano & parmesan cheeses.

img_962713_0_419e028a7e4202d684fe500abcada343.jpg

img_962713_1_c4457b008000581eab43d0f2d4519074.jpg

Good evening everyone,

msmofet - that does look good.
PF - Happy Birthday to Shrek!

Boy is it ever cold out tonight ... it's 19* right now ... great day for something warm and comforting.

We're having minestrone soup and DH, just went out to pick up a couple of pizza pies.

Football is on TV right now ... GO NEW YORK JETS!

Back
Top Bottom