Dinner, Sunday July 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For us it's shrimp a la Fra Diavolo with a recipe from a dear friend who is about the best cook in the world, with a tossed salad to complete the meal. It's hot and sticky here. Heating up the kitchen isn't too inviting.

Katie E said:
I took legend's use of the icon as conveying "having fun" at the taco party. You know, laughing and having a good time.
YES that is what I meant!!! I LOVE tacos and recently had some friends over and I made tacos.

burgers on the grill and potato salad

the burgers will be made with 1/2 dexter beef and the last package of goat sausage. The potato salad was made with freshly dug red skinned potatoes and fresh celery and onions......

an all veggie Subway, extra veggies all the way around and my mouth is still burning from the jalepeno's and banana peppers, caffeine free diet Caramel Latte Pepsi {or something called something close to that, tossed the bottle}.​

kitchenelf said:
I'm going to make a tomato vinaigrette - I want a nice rich one - has anyone ever made a tomato vinaigrette?

No, never even ever heard of such a thing, but I can say, it sounds wonderful. Especially loving tomatoes. If you figure it out, KE, please post here for us. Only thing that I've seen that even comes close is Michael Chiarello's tomato water martini. I know, it really doesn't come close, but it's the only thing I thought of:LOL:

LEFSElover said:

Only thing that I've seen that even comes close is Michael Chiarello's tomato water martini. I know, it really doesn't come close, but it's the only thing I thought of:LOL:

I always knew I liked you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did find a copycat Outback Steakhouse recipe, which is one I LOVE and the reason for the quest - didn't make it because everyone wanted wings and a pesto pasta salad. I will make the recipe soon and will let you know how it is. You let me know how that tomato water martini is!!!!!!!

If you use a potato vodka in your tomato martini does that equate to a serving each of a fruit and vegetable? :LOL: :angel:

Tonight was interesting and fun to make, I made:
mint chutney
potatoe song (a potatoe curry)
Buttermilk Kootu (veggie curry)
rita
rice
paratha's (storebought frozen then heated up)

I was making everything out of a indian vegetarian cook book that I have (and have never made anything out of) and it was awesome!!
took ahwhile to make everything and we have tons of leftovers, but everything was super good!
I choose out the recipes that I wanted to make, wrote down the ingredients that we needed (which were a lot seeing as we never use most of the stuff that was used) and me and my mom went of to this local thai store near us and luckily they had pretty much everything (I love looking around that store as the have a ton of stuff that you would never think of making or using!:wacko:). They didn't have some lentils that I needed so we went to the Nofrills that is across the street from that and picked em up.
Came home around 3 and started to make stuff and it was lucky that I started early as it took a couple of hours to put everything together!:chef:

Overall I was all really tasty and filling and fun to try all these different ingredients (never used mustard seeds before and had use those for the first time, which was cool!)

Happy Adanac day to all adanacians by the by!

since my wife and son had fun in the city yesterday, we decided to take the ferry into midtown, then take a thrill a minute taxi ride down to the south street seaport. dw had a delicious fish-n-chips, i had a boring rosemary chicken sammich at "skippers" on the pier.
we were still hungry later, so we grilled some teryaki (i'm addicted to teryaki) chicken thighs, along with a nuked potato. also, while the neighbor's kids and mine played outside before dinnner, we shared a big crudite platter that i took from work yesterday. it hadn't been opened, or even been touched, and the cleaning guys were coming around so it would have been tossed. i hate wasting food.

I had some sausage I needed to use up so I went out into my herb garden and clipped some basil, oregano, parsley, thyme and marjoram and came in and made a red sauce with the sausage.....plus green peppers, onions, garlic and some other seasonings. I've never used sausage before so it was good but very different from my normal....I think next time I'll try it with spicy sausage or a combo of spicy and ground beef.

Last night I fired up the old charcoal grill & we had good old-fashioned grilled "Chili Dogs" for dinner with all the trimmings. Used Sesame "Steak" rolls for these, as they hold up better with the chili & toppings than regular hot-dog rolls.

Back
Top Bottom