Dinner, Sunday July 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
We are having meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans. Also sliced tomatoes, radishes, and cucumber strips. Ice cream for dessert (I like to dip Honey Maid Cinnamon sticks in it) :rolleyes: - Yum

I was thinking about bbq chicken on the grill. But, it's cool outside and I'm thinking about making Chicken Francese instead. Served over noodles and a side salad. We'll see as the day goes on.

JoAnn L. said:
We are all invited over to our son Davids house for a taco party tonight. Sounds like fun.

Yes a Taco Party does sound like fun......:ROFLMAO:

Constance said:
We're having Tyler Lawrence's California Shrimp Salad tonight.

Florence, my dear.

I have two top sirloins thawing on my kitchen counter. They will be joined on the grill by corn on the coblets, accompanied by french fries deep fried in canola oil, steamed mixed vegetables, and some twisted macaroni salad. Dessert will be a humogous brownie with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marinated pork chops for the boy that he will grill. I'm having baked tofu that has been marinating since last night (yum!). With sauteed peppers, asparagus and maybe cauliflower mash.

Oh and rocket salad with tomato & cucumber.

steak and french fries sounds good ..
i need to go to the store .. so if they dont have any
good looking steaks .. i might go for a beer can chicken ..

legend_018 said:
Yes a Taco Party does sound like fun......:ROFLMAO:

?????

Yes, it does sound like fun. I don't know why one would be rolling on the floor laughing!

I'm in the mood for something cool & refreshing, as it will be another very hot day. I'd like to make up some mint pesto (rounding up some of the usual suspects - evoo, garlic, parm, walnuts or pine nuts, & lemon juice); and either serve it over grilled chicken or shrimp with whole wheat pasta & grilled tomatoes or cherry tomatoes - balsamic strawberries w mint & vanilla ice cream for dessert. I found some of my inspiration here:

Skewered Rosemary Shrimp with Mint Pesto

Mint Pesto

Last edited:
I just decided I'm having a great big salad of:

mixed greens
grilled chicken
grape tomatoes
cucumbers
some sort of cheese
sweet onions
walnuts

grilled bread

I'm going to make a tomato vinaigrette - I want a nice rich one - has anyone ever made a tomato vinaigrette?

Today will be grilled marinated tri-tip,garlic mashed potatoes,a big green salad with garden tomatoes, cucumbers,avocados,sweet onion rings,grilled asparagus, French bread with cloves of roasted garlic through out. Apple pie and vanilla ice cream for dessert..Starters are salsa and chips,small crostini with garlic mayo, put under the broiler, take them out and top with small pieces of tomatoe and cucumber.

kadesma:)

*amy* said:
?????

Yes, it does sound like fun. I don't know why one would be rolling on the floor laughing!

woops didn't know what that face meant. Thought it was just a happy little fellow.

Back
Top Bottom