Dinner, Sunday July 13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
All this talk on here about lobster has me craving it. So, lobster for dinner tonight and corn on the cob.

This morning I made my first batch of pesto for this season, using my basil, parsley and garlic; ended up with 5 cups of pesto, should last us a week or two:mrgreen:. The return trip to the garden yielded a basket of broccoli, so dinner is looking like a pasta with broccoli and pesto

Loose meat sandwiches and corn on the cob! "Local" corn on the cob.

I'm thinking pot roast!!!

Yea, the lobster thing sounds good too! I have never made it and am a bit shy about it!

after reading the Ruby Tuesday story on Off Topics, I hate to say this, but I'll be eating their salad bar tonight. I do love it, can't ever finish anything I get on that really huge plate, but no matter, I try:huh:

This morning I made my first batch of pesto for this season, using my basil, parsley and garlic; ended up with 5 cups of pesto, should last us a week or two
how do you keep it if you can't use it all up? is freezing a possibility or does it turn black that way? someone said to add a vitamin C tablet in there when making so keep the color but that sounds weird to me.

i don't know about tonight. just finished a huge breakfast, egg, sausage, hash browns and sourdough bread toast.

mostly wanted to tell u about my birthday bbq at my son's house. he is the cook . we had (and no i am not kidding) stuffed porkchop, stuffed chicken , rib eye steak and tuna. he grilled it all.

his sides were baked beans, potato salad, mac. salad and green salad. and rice dish, he is an excellent cook.

we had store bought cupcakes with candles on one . iced tea.

it was just lovely and was cool by the pool. was fun to watch great-granddaughter in the pool. she is not quite two. a very good b'day for me.

babe:pig::pig::pig:

fresh baby veg, blanched and served with a pesto vinaigrette. smoky roasted chicken corn chowder, pasta putanesca. fresh fruit and cheese for desert.

This afternoon,dh ( after watching 2 episodes of The Sopranos) decided he wanted antipasto for lunch.(he had to be at work at 3pm).So we headed to our neighborhood Italian deli and purchased fresh mozzarella, wine sausage,roasted peppers, stuffed olives and a fresh loaf of Italian bread.Just a sampling but, a feast in itself.We both were wishing we could've opened a bottle of wine.He'll be home for 4 weeks after his upcoming surgery so maybe we'll have a chance to do it again with the wine on a lazy summer afternoon- one can dream can't they??!!! I hope everyone enjoys their dinners!!! Salud!!!Love and energy, Vicki

how do you keep it if you can't use it all up? is freezing a possibility or does it turn black that way? someone said to add a vitamin C tablet in there when making so keep the color but that sounds weird to me.
Lefse,
when I make pesto, I put the basil,garlic and evoo in the blender give it a ride and then portion it into my containers..it freezes beautifly this way, just don't add the cheese til you defrost..In fact I wait and add the parm as I'm tossing the pasta with the pesto then I add as much parm as I want...Don't be afraid to freeze it it keeps great. The only time I've seen it turn color, is when people make the mistake of heating it..I let it come to room temp then add to hot pasta , yummers..NO HEATING:LOL:
kadesma

Leftovers from last night's grilling!

OK I lied, again...we had that for lunch. So I'm having a dog for supper right now. We've been doing yard work so it's kind of a grab and go supper for us!!

DH made bone in rib eyes on the grill. We had NYT bread, green beans,au-gratin potatoes, salad and homemade sugar cookies for dessert. Also, a glass of merlot.

This is the first meal I have actually cooked at home since last Saturday as I have been working all week doing lunches and dinners for a youth conference. I have been promising the family enchiladas for quite awhile so am doing chicken ones tonight with a tortilla salad, refried black beans and all the trimings (salsa, guacamole, etc.)

The man cooked tonight.....
He put a hunk of beef on the grill but it took too long, so he came in and made us goulash...
I offered to do it but he let me snooze on the couch instead.
I think I'll keep him!

nope..... he stole the hamburger I had thawed for tomorrow.....
So I'm gonna have to steal the hunk of beef for something ELSE tomorrow!!

Well, the chicken enchiladas were a big hit. I would have taken a picture but they didn't last that long!!!!

vicki q, your lunch sounded great!
if they have real bufala mozarella, and it's fresh (less than a month old), do yourselves a favor and get it next time. it blows away all other mozz's. it's what mozarella is supposed to taste like.
ask the deli guy when he's going to be getting it in fresh.
also, have you ever tried bresaola? it's like prosciutto, but it's made from beef. also ask the deli guy. :)

we had a good day eating out today.
first, to the parkway diner, for soups (chicken rice and vegetable), then dw had a portabella/roasted peppers/pasto/grilled chicken sandwich with fries; my boy had chicken fingers and fries; and i had a reuben and fries.

then we went fishing at a pay-to-fish lake. we caught a lot of sunnies and a few bass, which we will be having for dinner tomorrow night.

we stopped off at a pizza joint on the way home, and had a coupla salads, then chicken parm with spaghetti, spaghetti with butter and cheese, and sausage and spaghetti for dw, my boy, and i, respectively.

my hands still stink of fish, even after scrubbing several times, so it's kinda keeping me from getting hungry again.

Back
Top Bottom