Dinner Sunday July 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Pasta with pepper/onion sausage. Home made bread. Not sure what's for
dessert yet. I really like Hatfield's pepper and onion Italian sausage.

Hopefully beer butt cornish hen on the grill with taters and carrots and onions!

Assuming the grocery shopping gets done?
Cheeseburgers, brats, ribs, wings.
Potato salad with sweet Bavarian mustard and dill and brocolli salad with bacon and cheese as well as deviled eggs.
Homemade whole wheat bread.
Corn on the cob, watermelon for dessert.
For snacks: Pop, juice, wine coolers, wine, chips and dip.

In the evening the kids are setting off their fireworks (the legal smoke kind in Illinois), and then I am running an extension cord to the patio for my laptop so we can watch a movie there.

I blame you for the ribs and wings!!:LOL:

Should hold us for a day or so, but not making tons of each, just a little of each so there is variety.

Yeah, nice. A little of each sounds great. So does the potato salad. I've gotta learn how to make that... that and macaroni salad.

Thanks! Should be great fun for the kids, and I thought a movie outside would be neat for them.
Here is the potato salad recipe I am using:
2lbs red potatoes
1c chopped celery
1 medium chopped Vidalia onion
5 eggs
3tsp celery seed
3tsp dill (I am thinking dill seed not the dill weed)
1/4tsp salt
1/4tsp pepper
Then for the salad dressing part:
1c salad dressing (some use mayo I am using Miracle Whip nockoff)
3tbsp Bavarian sweet mustard
2tbsp sugar (I reduced from 3 since I was using salad dressing not mayo)

I hope it turns out as good as it sounds! I am still working on a good macaroni salad recipe, haven't found one I really like yet.

We are going to a potluck tonight and I am taking a warm steak & spinach salad. Don't know what else will be there because we do this twice a year with the same group and make it a true potluck (no assigning of courses or checking what others bring). So far they have all been great with little overlap!

That recipe does sound good, Mav. What does Bavarian mustard taste like? Sweet, spicy?

A movie outside. Cool idea. Kids don't know what they are missing.
Maybe you could set the laptop on the hood of your old Caddy and run the speakers through the windows :LOL: Tell 'em this is how we used to watch movies.

Oh, so what do you do with the spuds to keep them from turning black? Cook and chill right away? Do they need lemon juice?

Leftovers from the 4th..
DH grilled a whole turkey with applewood chips....
Bestest turkey EVER!!!!
Turkey sandwiches, beans, watermelon.
BEER!

Back
Top Bottom