Dinner Sunday, May 25th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeV

Washing Up
I feel like Western Ribs today (looked good in the Sunday flyer this morning) on the grill with some homemade potato salad made with redskins. Have to see what looks good at the grocery today as far as greens to go along with that. Have leftover apple spice cake for dessert.

Hmm..I'm not sure what we'll do today. One of us has to go to the store as we are looking kinda Mother Hubbard-ish...but we are both sick sick sick and maybe it'll be a can of soup!

Beer can chicken, grilled roasted red skin taters and coleslaw and garlic bread. Son is making bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers to snack on. The campground is packed !!

Last edited:
I have top round marinating. Probably make garlic mashed potatoes and string beans and vidalia onion (not sure how I will prepare the onion)

just the wife and i for today .. the kids are at their grandmas for the
da and will stay the night .. usually when this happens we go out ..
not today though .. going to smoke baby back ribs ..:pig:
while they are cooking i will throw a meatloaf on the smoker with them ..
potato salad .. and something else .. not sure what ..
and then a movie i think .. something besides 101 dalmations is in order ..:ROFLMAO:

It's a Memorial Day cookout here...

Tomato mango salsa with baked tortilla chips

3 salads: grilled zucchini on boston lettuce with feta and dried cherries with a fig balsamic glaze; grilled green beans with baby fingerlings with cider vinegar and poppy seeds, and basic cole slaw.

Rubbed chickens and pork ribs with a spicy/tangy bbq sauce on the side.

Bacon topped corn bread.

Dessert is a white cake with berries, cream cheese frosting and triple sec.

Lou and I are drinking coconut rum with pineapple juice, My ex husband and his girlfriend are currently drinking a bottle of Tito's vodka I brought them from New Orleans.

It's beeeeeeeeeyoooooooooootiful outside!

I'm on my way over Vera!!!

I'm going to roast some asparagus, red onion, red pepper and served them on a bed of romaine hearts with just a splash of olive oil, salt & pepper.

it's still cold and blustery here. love it! dh had to take the flag down off the worlds tallest flag pole [in our front yard] due to wind but I just informed him it 'needs' to go back up for Memorial Day, if it frays, I'll buy him a new one.
He's requesting beef stroganoff with creamy noodles, lots of mushrooms, honey/Lyle's golden syruped carrots, salad, garlic bread. Such a standard dinner but so good.
Orange Dreamsicle cake with orange cream cheese frosting on top a bit different from the one shown here, plus the way I make the cake is using orange soda for the liquid, anything to make it more orange in flavor and I think the bubbles in the soda does something to help it remain light. <It's his favorite and he is mine, so as it shall be, he'll get his cake...silly boy, he got my drift, flag is back up along with the POW/MIA flag attached to it. We're patriots here, GBA:clap:

Attachments

• rowie at gina's wedding 035.jpg
    rowie at gina's wedding 035.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 214
  • cake 001.jpg
    cake 001.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 197
  • cake 002.jpg
    cake 002.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
yesterday i made a beef stew in the crock pot and could not believe how delicious it was. There is enough for a couple more meals. so it's beef stew and a few goodies left over from the brunch I served this morning.....fresh spinach salad and a chocolate mousse made from ChefJunes cookbook.....oh my.....and I made some whipped cream with vanilla sugar

We're going to do a wine-butt chicken and grilled asparagus, with bourbon BBQ sauce left over from last night's ribs for dipping, and leftover southwestern potato salad. Instead of the mousse (ran out of energy), I made a lemon cheesecake yesterday, so we'll have some of that for dessert.

mmmmmm .. dinner is coming along nicely ..

Attachments

• DSC_0039 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0039 (Small).JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 166
still trying to use up left over pork ribs. they were short ribs so lots of meat.

so what ever i can conjure up with them. new york bread, i made with rosemary and grated cheese.

left over lemon cake mix cookies.

babe:chef:

I finally went and got the tank for the grill filled.. so I'm celerbrating with NY strips, sauted mushrooms and onions, baked potatoes, and green salad. Dessert will be fresh strawberries over vanilla ice cream. I got 4 qts of beautiful berries yesteday at the farmer's market.

man, did we eat on sunday.
first, i went to the polish bakery and picked up some rye bread, rolls, and scones.

then we went to the parkway diner for lunch. i had a huge monte cristo and fries. dw had a 3 eggwhite omelete (with mushrooms, onions, and tomatoes), home fries, and we shared a side of canadian bacon. my boy had soup and pasta.

next, we drove into the city, did some shopping in the villiage, then drove up to midtown to a street festival in times square. we had lemonades and chicken shish kebabs.

finally, we went here: Puttanesca, Italian Restaurants in NYC
even with 100,000 restaurants in the city, we always end up going to the same place.

i had the salad with pears, gorgonzola, walnuts, bacon, and arrugula; dw had the mixed greens salad.
my salad was good, but the bacon was overkill. the (absolutely delicious) gorgonzola provided enough salt to go with the pears and toasted walnuts.
dw's plain, organic greens salad in balsamic viniagrette was impressive.

for entrees, i had pappardelle with stewed venison; dw had grilled red snapper with broccoli rabe; my boy had spaghetti and meatballs.

dw's snapper was fantastic! it was a huge piece on a mound of sweet broccoli rabe, with whole, roasted cloves of garlic. not a hint of bitterness in the broccoli rabe.

my venison was ok. there was a weird sourness, as if the venison wasn't so fresh, or too much cheap wine was used in the gravy, and not enough butter to round it out. but the fresh pappardelle made up for it.

the meatballs and spaghetti were very good, the sauce outstanding. but i make better meatballs. :chef:

overall, i think we'll go back. probably, the next time we go into the city, lol.

picnic fer us- 'cept ribs/beans & a few adult beverages while they cooked at Mom & Dad's before that. my Parents insisted i eat some food.
then we went to that picnic. kielbasa, twice-baked taters, trifle & a pistachio dessert, adult beverages....
i'm stuffed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom