Dinner, Sunday Oct. 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My mom and her husband will be here, so I am making a special dinner: Seafood Newburg with a green salad and rolls. I've never made Seafood Newburg before - should be interesting :)

It's also in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I participate in food blogging events when I can, and there's one going on now where the theme is to make something pink: Couture Cupcakes: Think Pink for Pinktober

well I`ve just infused Sage, rosemary, thyme and garlic in evoo, that will then be injected into the turkey roast and the rest will coat the outside with some rock salt.
I`m doing spring greens also and Plenty gravy :)

I'm coooking up some flounder and baking these spinache nuggets I bought at Hannaford.

I made a pot of venison spaghetti last night...We'll have that again tonight.

trying something new with a pan asian style seared Mahi filet with a mango chili glaze.

Pasta shells with meat sauce and italian bread. After this....no one gets anything again till Friday.:ermm:

It's a gorgeous perfect early autumn day here - cool breezes & China blue skies.

We'll be grilling our favorite turkey burgers with all the trimmings (raw sweet onion, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, baby lettuce, dill relish, ketchup, etc., etc.), served on toasted whole-wheat buns with vegetarian baked beans on the side.

Only just past 7am out here, but I am craving curry bad! Green Thai curry to be specific. If I don't have it for lunch, it will be dinner for sure!

Today I am making porcupine meatballs, mashed potatoes, green beans and rolls.

I love porcupine meatballs. My mom used to make them all the time when I was a child. :)

Tonight, I am making Beef and Beer Chili. This is the first time I have tried this recipe. With the chili I am baking beer bread. It is in the oven right now. I dusted the top of the bread with some cornmeal to add some texture to the top crust.

Very Strange Sunday Dinner (noon) for me today! Plate one was butter beans, boiled okra, and corn bread. Plate two was Chicken Tarragon, and a little twice baked potato. Plate three was about 1/3 of a slab of previously BBQed loin back ribs, thawed, wrapped in foil and heated. 1 Slice of Banana nut bread for dessert. :pig: No supper will be needed!!

Well, maybe a little milk and bread late.....:ermm:

i scrapped my idea for a mango/chili mahi to try a ginger glazed pan seared mahi

should come out like this if executed properly...

gingermahi.jpg

family sunday:)
We are all together and each of us is making a dish, strange to me, but oh so nice, youngest son is doing grilled ribs, I am doing scalloped potatoes, just sliced the potatoes, added some chopped onions,parmesean, a carton of mascarpone, salt and pepper and cream, and will top at the end with some gruyere, not sure what the girls are bringing, but no matter, just having everyone here is all I need...How lucky I am.
kadesma Happy Sunday everyone:)

Kadesma, I am glad to hear that you and your family are back to the Sunday dinners together.

For us tonight it will be goulash served over egg noodles.

Roast beef with onions, garlic and dried tomatoes, mashed potatoes and, maybe, buttered corn. Wanted a green veggie, but it seems we're all out and I won't get to the market until Wednesday. We'll have to muddle through.

Flank steak, potatoes au gratin, broccoli with bread crumbs and hollandaise sauce and another Sky-High chocolate pie

Back
Top Bottom