Dinner, Sunday Oct. 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm making ceviche with tilapia and lime juice. Not sure what to serve with it - maybe Mexican rice with sauteed peppers and onions.

I bought two nice, large catfish fillets this week, so I'll dip them in seasoned egg and then in panko crumbs. Fry them up nice and crisp. We'll have Caesar salad on the side and, for dessert, banana-coconut creme pie.

Leftovers are on the menu around here.
I'm going to spend a few hours picking up the house and then
lay on the sofa and laze the rest of sunday away.

We had roast pork, roasted vegetables and brussel sprouts. I took frozen sprouts brought them to the boil in water, then cooled them. Just before serving I heated up a mix of butter and water and used this to reheat the sprouts.

We went to our favorite bbq joint last night so it's leftover for us tonight.
And we went apple picking today so it's apple crisp for dessert.

This event is amazing. Gad, coming every year now if possible.
Anyway, dinner tonight is tri tip grilled, garlic roasted mashed pots, mashed yams with butter, brown sugar and love, grilled zukes and tomatoes, banana/blueberry muffins.
They'll drink beer/wine/margs/crocktails................

I had the deep fryer out anyway, so I decided to make breaded cod fillets, crinkle cut french fries, and sautéd spinach and eggs for supper tonignt. Sessert will be the last piece of the Marie Callender's apple pie, and I'll pick up either a peach or cherry pie from Marie Callender's on the way home from work tomorrow.

It's Thanksgiving Day tomorrow in Canada. I had my Thanksgining dinner today with family. Roast turkey mashed potatoes gravey corn turnup accorn squash cranberry sauce and for desert pumpkin and apple pie. We actually ate at noon as I have to work tonight and tomorrow night. Brought some leftover turkey and gravey to work for supper.
Hope all the Canadians have a happy Thanksgiving and to our American friends hae a great Columbus day.

Last edited:
We didn't bother with dinner tonight since we stopped off for lunch after doing the "Culpeper Harvest Days Farm Tour", which we enjoy every year.

Apart from enjoying watching the bison, free-range chickens, turkeys, goats, & heritage-breed Tamworth pigs (along with ADORABLE piglets - I tried "sad eyes", but husband stills said "NO" - lol), I did pick up some free-range chicken "drumettes" which I might grill for us tomorrow, along with a package of free-range ground goat meat for a future curry or perhaps "goat burgers" for ME alone! (Husband would rather eat worms & die than eat it - lol!!!!)

Hi,.

We had cappellini w/romano, fresh tomaoes, garlic and basil sauce, with grilled teriyaki trout

well after sat's big dinner event, we had cajun burgers with cheese, salad, and chips. I like my burger with mayo dijon let and tom and a few thin slices of red onion grilled.

Girls night - we snacked on imported swiss cheese (the best I've tasted yet but I forgot the name:mad:), garlic triscuits, salami, ham, crusty french bread topped with artichoke bruschetta and quenched our thirst with watermelon martinis - and watched the bears win!

Back
Top Bottom