Dinner, TGIF, August 15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
stouffer's macaroni & cheese & broccoli here. my babe's not hungry & i'm starving. stouffer's mac & cheese is pretty yummy.

i'd love a steak, too, 'cept i recently decided not to eat meat on fridays.

tomorrow...

I'm wingin' it. I have a bunch of tomatoes, bell and chile peppers, and onions. I'm going to chop them up, saute them with Mexican seasonings, cut up some leftover chicken, add rice and salsa and water and put it all in a baking dish in the oven for a while - see what happens :chef:

With jalapeno cornbread.

So goulash it is. That thaws and cooks at the same time. I've got four cut up hamburger patties and five cut up sweet sausages in my one pot sauteing/steaming away :) With any luck I'll be eating around 10:00.

ps if anyone wants the easy easy one pan recipe I'll be happy to post it! I won't have to cook for the next two days of our heat wave..

We ended up going to Copeland's (at the Hilton) for dinner. Not as great as I thought it would be. We got the "signature" fried seafood platter that should easily feed four and the bowl of gumbo 'loaded' with seafood.

Gumbo had a great flavor... but had a hard time finding the seafood! Little salad shrimp and I don't think I saw a single scallop as the menu touted.

The fried seafood platter had shrimp, crawfish, oysters, catfish, crab cake, fries and onion rings. Tons of fries and onion strings. Barely enough seafood for one person in my opinion. Tiny little shrimp, about 7. Handful of crawfish.... oysters(4) were good. The catfish was good but strange. They cut the catfish sooooo thin that it is like eating catfish chips. There was no meat. It had a great flavor, but for someone ordering catfish expecting to see plump, nicely fried fillets will be dissapointed. The catfish chips would have been great atop the gumbo or as a garnish for salad or something. There were only five of these slivers that barely equated to a filet.

Sorry... I gave a review and ranted a bit... but I'm hungry again now!!!!

I screwed up my gnocchi on Thursday. Alot. fell apart as I drained them.
So I saved it.... and last night made mashed potato pancakes with them.
Nice save, even the 4 yr old "I don't eat dinner" ate 'em!

I was lazy.......we just had burgers with sauted onions and mushrooms with some Swiss. They were tasty!

Barb

Back
Top Bottom