Dinner Thanksgiving Eve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Did you all get together to share your dinners offline so I wouldn't be included?:ermm:

Well our dinner tonight was a couple of delectable selections from the menu at Popeye's. I had fried chicken with red beans and rice while SO had butterfly shrimp and cole slaw.

Rainbow Bow-tie Pasta Salad.

img_1445255_0_b4d5f8c13c4cd362e190efd2d49b846d.jpg

How'd you find out, Andy? ;)

I made mushroom soup with some very tired mushrooms, and nice crispy Tater Tots with spicy ketchup.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Pork chops in mushroom sauce, mixed vegetables and fried okra. Homemade bread too. I had my pork chops over rice.
Hubby made sweet rice with the rest of the rice.

I stuck some pre marinated pork riblets in the oven, and we had some of the saved back broccoli salad, and some dressing we made for tomorrow.

That's soooo pretty Joey!!

Last edited:
Another you're-on-your-own night tonight. Should run out of leftovers. :ermm: :ohmy: I'm sure there will be more than plenty after tomorrow, though. :LOL: If the leftovers are gone and we're still a wee bit hungry ('cuz there aren't many there), I have deli ham and cheese for sandwiches.

We tried a new 2 for 1 pizza place. Stirling got a deluxe pizza and I got a Bianco. I finally found a place that will make a delivery pizza without tomato sauce. It was quite good, both of them.

A made a modified Thanksgiving dinner, for my sister and a neighbor. We will have a community meal today, but I needed my own turkey to use for leftovers. So yesterday I made an Alton Brown turkey, Kayelles chile rellenos casserole, dressing, gravy, baked potatoes with baklava for dessert. The meal was superb if I must say!

Here's a photo of most of that meal.

Attachments

• DSCN4168.jpg
    DSCN4168.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 168
Stupid cold! Absolutely no appetite so I didn't even bother to heat up the Progresso Chickerina Soup. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom