Dinner, The Ides of March, 3/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe I have all the ingredients needed to make Caesar salad [emoji38] Maybe I'll make that to go with the leftovers we have - choice of minestrone soup or chicken pot pie. I'll save the leftover pork stir-fry for tomorrow's lunch.

NCAA Men's hoops starts today NCAA Women's hoops starts tomorrow, about the least several weeks work productivity in the US of the year.

Dinner is a Quiche redux -- re-heats well in the nuker, on half power. I also whisked together some blue cheese dressing and will serve that with cole slaw. I saw a pic recently where someone added red grape halves to their blue cheese cole slaw, definitely going to try this.

DW made a yakisoba stirfry with onions, carrots, and b/s chicken breasts.

No soy sauce, no fish sauce, no garlic or ginger. Just plain. :neutral:

So I pulled out the Sambal Oelek, got the wife and boy to try it, and I think I've created 2 neew sambal addicts.

Tempura battered fried fish (cod) with roasted garlic tartar sauce, hushpuppies, and french fries (chips for those across the pond).

full

Youngest grown son's birthday and he is out of state. He's going out for Thai, yay for him.
DH's birthday is tomorrow so I prepared the dough for making empanadas...with a chicken bbq filling w/cheese, cooling off to bake in the morning. Then some lemon curd and homemade pound cake.

I wouldn't do anything special - it's considerated bad luck.
Isn't that just bad luck for Roman emperors?

Out today, and I had a burger and fries for lunch. Our diet is fairly lean, and fried foods fill me up for a long time and sit heavy. Mrs. T has no appetite tonight. I pulled some asparagus soup out of the freezer, and had a bread stick left from last night. That was plenty for me.

I had a couple nice boneless pork chops (pre brined before freezing) and a basket of baby bella mushrooms so I made Pork Marsala over mashed spuds with roasted asparagus on the side. Good eats..

I made Chicken Piccatish (it had mushrooms, too) with steamed baby bok choy. More like oversteamed, but it still tasted good. Last of the apple pi pie with the last of the vanilla ice cream.

Attachments

• 20180315_220246.jpg
    20180315_220246.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 146

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom