Dinner this evening, Wednesday 3/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
DH wants dinner from last night but it won't be. I want to leave him with the Tri Tip roast for sandwiches when I go to work and am gone for those days starting tomorrow.

I'm making a huge pot of chili. Luckily, I have the beans in cans so the rest of the assembling is no sweat. It'll cook slow all day on the stove. No tomatoes for our chili as DH has AR and it affects his tummy. Lots of cumin, oregano, chili powder, s&p, garlic, onion, butter, ground beef unless I can find stew meat in the freezer, beef broth, course corn meal, a tablespoon of masa, a pinch of cinnamon, a chocolate kiss, and a little sugar.

Are you cookin?

Thinking chicken cacciatore tonight. I am going grocery shopping in a bit though, so I might find something that sparks my fancy there.

Heeheehee! Thanks for the clarification. I was having a giggle about it here at the computer. LOL.

providing the kids behave today, I'll finish with sometime to spare:LOL: So far I have pounded some chicken breasts and we are having chicken piccata, some bow ties with asparagus, cream and prosciutto, green salad with pears,walnuts and gorgonzola , and apples stuffed with cream cheese, brown sugar and nuts...Now off to fix the asparagus while the boys are sleeping.

kadesma:LOL:

thanks vickiq. if you and your family are ever in the city, stop by and say hi.

for a few weeks, my building is loaded with recent college grads with expensive communication degrees, all keeping track of stats, games, and scores for the directors. good use of a $100k education, huh.

and they all create the weirdest problems with the computers in the studios, and on top of that we're shorthanded, so work has been very busy. i doubt i'll get out of here bfore 9pm tonight and tomorrow.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, Crappie. I haven't had that since I was a kid (grew up in Michigan). That and Walleye, how I miss them so...

Anyhow, tonight's menu:

Oak smoked lamb chops in a red wine olive marinade
Creamed squash and sweet potato parcel
Smoked corn on the cob with a spicy cheese butter
And I think the lady of the house is chipping in tonight and making that raspberry bundt cake with the pulverized life savers on top thing.

Chicken Paprikash, Spaetzle, frozen peas, cucumber salad and Jack Daniel"s chocolate ice cream.

essie, do you have a recipe for your chicken paprikash.

my mil (since passed) used to make it for my wife, so i'd love to surprise her by making it one night.

Picked up a small roasting chicken this morning. Rubbed it all over with butter...yep...butter...then sprinkled liberally with Emiril's essence that I have in my spice rack, half a lemon inside the bird. Mashed yukon gold taters, and some green peas....sorta like an old fashioned Sunday dinner. Rugalah for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom