Dinner thread 2/13, Monday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are having egg salad sandwiches on or do you say in pita bread, with spinach instead of lettuce

and maybe some bean and bacon soup.

What school are you going to go to lefselover?
I hope you'll enjoy it!!

PD'sWife, every year I have to get recertified to do my job. It's a necessary thing for us in my business but causes a lot of stress. It's okay, it'll be done soon enough, then I can get on with my lifes' concerns like returing to work, my concert dates and getting this house back in order after the flood.

LEFSElover said:
Hoping for inspiration on the dinner meal tonight.
Anyone cooking?

No cooking for me on Love Day as I'll be on a plane going to school

Not sure what we're having tonight - but LEFSElover, if THAT'S the plane you're going to be on - DON'T EAT THE FISH!!! :ROFLMAO: (Don't mention Mucho Grande, either!)

John

I'm making buritos stuffed with rice, beans, chicken, onion, and topped with salsa and cheese.

Stuffing tomatoes with chicken salad. Serving on a bed of spinach with sides of cold asparagus and a citrus salad. In the low 90s in LA area today so we're eating like its summer.

We will either have soup/sandwiches/or both. DH had to change a couple of cabinets to install the new microwave - It was too low - so my kitchen is in a heap big mess!

Leftovers here, too. DH has a dinner for work tonight so I'll just reheat the leftover lemon pepper tillapia and parmesan cous-cous I made last night.

Were having-

Baby Greens with Raspberry-Balsamic Vinaigrette, and Sourdough baguette croutons with broiled Goat cheese.

Roasted Pork Loin on mashed potato's with caramelized shallots and Wild mushroom confit, and a Ginger-Carrot emulsion, with a red-wine reduction sauce alongside

And Chocolate Torte ( Individually chocolate glazed tortes, per person) with Creme Anglaise, Raspberry Coulis, and Whipped cream.

Josh

ronjohn55 said:
Not sure what we're having tonight - but LEFSElover, if THAT'S the plane you're going to be on - DON'T EAT THE FISH!!! :ROFLMAO: (Don't mention Mucho Grande, either!)

John

Don't eat the fish! ROFL! Surely you jest!

I made some of my clam chowder. There's not much left.

Oh, and don't call me Shirley.

JoshBenske said:
Were having-

Baby Greens with Raspberry-Balsamic Vinaigrette, and Sourdough baguette croutons with broiled Goat cheese.

Roasted Pork Loin on mashed potato's with caramelized shallots and Wild mushroom confit, and a Ginger-Carrot emulsion, with a red-wine reduction sauce alongside

And Chocolate Torte ( Individually chocolate glazed tortes, per person) with Creme Anglaise, Raspberry Coulis, and Whipped cream.

Josh

I'll be right over, Josh.

Actually, I'm baking the giant sized potatoes, cutting them in halves, and filling with taco meat, shredded machengo cheese, diced black olives, tomatoes, green onions, and topping them with avocado slices and a tiny dollop of sour cream.

we are having philly cheese steak sammies, fries, DH bought himself a can of fruit cocktail (YUK), me just half a sammie..rocky road ice cream for dessert..

kadesma:)

jkath said:
I'll be right over, Josh.

Actually, I'm baking the giant sized potatoes, cutting them in halves, and filling with taco meat, shredded machengo cheese, diced black olives, tomatoes, green onions, and topping them with avocado slices and a tiny dollop of sour cream.
jkath,
a shiver just ran down my back:LOL: Really, I would think,all of what your putting in the potato including the sour cream, I'd leave the avocados to put along side would be great in the peppers, great idea, think I'll give it a try..Gee, throw out a recipe and end up with a new one to go with it..Thanks:)

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom