Dinner Thread for Tuesday - 10/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Feeling slightly better than yesterday, or maybe I'm fooling
myself...... Bought new Meds, after looking at the expiration date on the old stuff, lol !

Grilled Cheese & Tomato Sandwiches, cream of Broccoli Soup.........

Soup & Sandwich.jpg

Chicken, veggie, almond and cashew stir-fry and jasmine rice.

chicken_stir_fry_101921_IMG_8806.jpg

Feeling slightly better than yesterday, or maybe I'm fooling
myself...... Bought new Meds, after looking at the expiration date on the old stuff, lol...
lucky, if you're like us, you probably don't get sick often enough to use up cold meds before they expire. I'd rather toss old meds than be sick so often I use them up.

Digging through the freezer a week or two ago, I ran across a half dozen already cooked breakfast sausage that I was saving for another time. Acorn squash were on sale recently, so I bought a couple. I cut one in half tonight, pre-cooked it partway in the microwave, then filled each half with sausage stuffing and finished baking it in the oven. Perfect autumn meal.

IMG_20211019_200219245_HDR.jpg

Mom and I had gone over two or three towns to a different Kroger's aka Fry's Grocery store, and as we went by the butcher's counter this caught my eye.

IMG_0975.jpg

"Marinated Flaken Beef Ribs"
:ohmy:

The Nice-Man behind the counter asked if he could help me with something...
"What did you marinade those ribs in?" I asked.
"It's called Kalbi. Do you know it?"
:clap:
AH, YEAH!
Galbi or in Hawaii it's called Kalibi, is a Korean-Style Beef Short Rib that is delicious!

IMG_0977.jpg

I grilled them off and they came out just gorgeous!
Juicy, tender, and quite tasty.
Not an exact Korean-Style marinade, but pretty dang close, considering where we are.

IMG_0976.jpg

This is how they would typically be served with Kim Chee (or kimchi, whichever) and some Steamed White Rice.
I even cut each Rib the way it's done in the Korean Restaurants, with Kitchen Shears, just between each bone.

MAN!!!
I'm still smacking my lips!
Now, had I thought a little more ahead, I should really have made some Macaroni Salad to put this meal over the top... next time!

DH has really been getting into Taco Tuesday lately lol. He's still doing the cooking since my hip surgery two weeks ago and last night he decided to make fish tacos. He bought some cod and seasoned and fried it. I cut up ingredients for mango salsa here in my spot in the living room and, with teamwork, we had a wonderful dinner.

He bought a frozen cheesecake from the grocery store and we had that, plus some chopped mango, whipped cream and chocolate shavings for dessert.
2021-10-20-10-05-36.jpg2021-10-20-10-06-32.jpg

Tuesday is the day I get my produce plus basket, so I often plan something really simple for supper on Tuesdays. This time it was smoked salmon on toasted bagels with cream cheese.

Back
Top Bottom