Dinner Thread; Friday Edition 5/1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Pan-Seared Top Round Cuts, Garlic Mash, Mushroom Gravy, Leftie Peas and Corn... Salad, as usual...

Steak, Top Round.jpg

It's yet another warm but beautiful sunny day here...sure not soup weather. Both doors are open for a cross breeze and that always puts me in a good mood.

I'll be making some killer sandwiches out of the leftover rare Tri Tip slices with some pickled red onion, and a perfectly ripe Has avocado. The side will be some fresh off the cob Elote corn baked in my little casseroles because I like mine extra spicy.

Joint effort tonight. I did almost all the prep. DH did the cooking. We made Biksemad - Danish hash. We used pork, which is the most traditional choice of meat for this in Denmark. Served it with Grolsch lager. It's not fancy, but oh boy, that hit the spot.

Attachments

• IMG_20200501_195344.jpg
    IMG_20200501_195344.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20200501_195620.jpg
    IMG_20200501_195620.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 89
We had BLT's on homemade country white bread, potato salad with some chopped capers this time, and 1/2 pickle from my last batch of homemade. I hope that the grocery store has nice pickling cukes the next time I shop.

It's yet another warm but beautiful sunny day here...sure not soup weather. Both doors are open for a cross breeze and that always puts me in a good mood.

I'll be making some killer sandwiches out of the leftover rare Tri Tip slices with some pickled red onion, and a perfectly ripe Has avocado. The side will be some fresh off the cob Elote corn baked in my little casseroles because I like mine extra spicy.

Just beautiful pictures tonight. Here's my contribution. I also cooked up a spiraled zucchini that needed using.
Boy howdy, that corn was really good.

Attachments

• P5010031.jpg
    P5010031.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 136
Dinner was an episode of "What's in the fridge!"

HMMMM...here is ground beef I didn't use on Wednesday, some mushrooms from last week, oh look half an onion, open carton of beef broth, the leftover gravy from Wedneday???, leftover corn, flat bread dough, and an open bag of salad...still good...

After a quick trip to the pantry...dinner. Not sure what to call it, but it tasted really good. Now there are leftovers from the leftovers??? (sorry no picture of the flat bread but it was edible this time) 20200502_084257.jpg

I made a variation of this Seared Fish with White Beans and Olives that CG made last week. Turned out quite well - DH loved it. I used cod, since that's what I had in the freezer, and swapped chard from my garden for the spinach and capers for the olives. Finished it off with freshly chopped parsley and added a few homemade pickles on the side.

https://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/seared-sea-bass-lemon-olive-white-beans20200501_204001.jpg

Thanks ladies! That fish recipe looks really good to me too and I can't wait to try it, but I'll be baking it in my individual casseroles. I hate the smell of pan fried fish, when it never smells to me when it's been baked.

Back
Top Bottom