Dinner Thread - Monday, 3/29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Rib Eye , Slightly underdone, but still delicious !
Roasted Sweet Potato, corn with Okra and Sweet Peppers.........

Rib Eye, Air Fryer.jpg

London broil via sous vide at 131 for 10 hours. What was left went back into bag as needs to cook for a little more. Not quite as tender as I wanted. Leftovers will be steak sandwiches later in week. Roast carrots and fingerling potatoes as side. Horseradish sauce on steak.

Attachments

• 2021-03-29 18.30.42.jpg
    2021-03-29 18.30.42.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 125
All that talk about salads gave me a craving for one of my favorites, and when I saw those clumps of garlic chives growing all over, I had to make some! I used a pound of channa dal, and about 1/2 c kamut (I usually use freekeh in this, but it's all in the freezer, and I was too lazy to get it!:LOL:). I took about 3 cups of cherry/grape tomatoes out of the freezer, and halved them semi-thawed - not the same as fresh, but still delish! This is the dish I stock up on Trader Joe's Greek Feta cheese for.
First garlic chives of the season, well over a half cup, chopped. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

First lentil salad of the season, with fresh garlic chives, but last season's tomatoes. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I tried out a new-to-me old Danish dish. It's called Brændende Kærlighed, which means "burning love". I don't understand why it would be called that. It was good, but not that good. It's a bunch of bacon diced and fried until almost done, then add a bunch of diced onion and cook it until the onions are done. The bacon / onion mix is served on mashed potatoes. I served it with a salad of rainbow chard, sorrel, green crisp lettuce, Boston lettuce, thinly sliced red onion, peas, corn, chopped pecans, and a homemade vinaigrette. We're stuffed.

Attachments

• PXL_20210329_233839422 small.jpg
    PXL_20210329_233839422 small.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 43
We had simple lettuce, topped with tomatoes, avocado, crisp onions, cheese and leftover pork chop slices. Vidalia Onion dressing.

Coconut cake for dessert.

Ross

20210329_153117.jpg

Yesterday I had 1/2 a buttered roll for breakfast.
I had "Lunner" (lunch/dinner) around 6:30 corned beef, cabbage, potato and a small square of spanakopita.

Back
Top Bottom