Dinner Thread - Tuesday 11/2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Buffalo Drumsticks (Air fryer), Spinach & Pearls, Buttered Carrots,
Potato Salad w/ Jalapeno & Bacon Bits...

Chicken Drums,Buffalo 11-2-21.jpg

We had bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon. There was also capers and sliced onion to go on the bagels. Dill pickles accompanied this. I sure do love that smoked salmon.

We had bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon. There was also capers and sliced onion to go on the bagels. Dill pickles accompanied this. I sure do love that smoked salmon.

My mouth is watering. I guess I'll be making bagels tomorrow.

I went simple for our dinner ...

IMG_1025.jpg

New Mexico-style Chicken Green Chile Stew ala Beth
Tossed Salad
and Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread Rolls that I found at our local Kroger's :yum:

DH thought that I had never made this Stew/Soup before... "when did you make this?"
This past January :LOL:
I pulled out of the deep freeze, I had 3 single serve zip top baggies and figured that would be nice this Fall evening.

There may be some Ice Cream involved later ;)

Thawed salmon from our CSF share. Beautiful, deep color.

qjf6JMm.jpg

Reheated sweet potato baked a couple days ago. Steamed broccoli. Cooked the salmon on medium-high in butter, with a sprinkle of pepper and parsley.

Up6C15r.jpg

With a glass of 2014 Airlie Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. Not bad for a weeknight dinner.

Leftovers - plenty of Sunday's bean soup. I've been busy doing this thing called cleaning because the neighbors across the street are coming over tomorrow for stargazing and tacos. So many more things I'd rather do than clean...

The cleaning thing is an obstacle. I'm married to a clean freak, who spends two days thrashing about to remove every spot and speck and dust mite (which makes her very grouchy).

I reckon if the food and the wine and the conversation are good, no one cares about a bit of muss. (Isn't that what dimmers are for?)

Bitser, my cleaning is based more on my Mom's mantra: clean enough to be healthy, dirty enough to be happy. That division is pretty much an upstairs/downstairs kind of thing. Kitchen is always clean (unless I'm actively messing it up by cooking) as is the half bath. Living room and family are presentable. But don't go upstairs! The bathrooms are kept up, but those three bedrooms. They aren't just happy, they're ecstatic! :LOL:

And the dimmer switch trick doesn't work for the bathroom. You WANT that commode to shine! I expect the food and conversations to be good, but it might be just adult ladies with the wine. That's OK, I'll need my "alcohol rubdown" by the time the night is aging.

I made Oven Baked Beef & Veggie stew. It was very good and easy too. I made some 7up biscuits to go with it. DH wanted a salad from our garden...

IMG_5735.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom