Dinner Thread!!!! Tuesday the 2nd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
A slightly earlier start.

What are you guys planning for dinner tonight?

SO expressed a desire for hot dogs so we're having pizza!:LOL:

Just kidding. Dinner tonight will be hot dogs and maybe some baked beans.

Glad to see you survived your spotted/striated avocado, Andy. ;)

I have brats and 'kraut bathed in beer simmering in the crockpot. I'll bake and mash a couple of potatoes later, along with roasting a dozen small beets and a pan of Brussels sprouts. Leftover bread pudding at the end, where it will then head promptly to my "end". :glare:

I have a chuck roast in the fridge, Thinking about cutting it up and making carne guisada or chili.

DH is teaching a class tonight so he'll be home late, and my dinner group meets on Tuesdays now, so I'm going out. Will probably have a burger and onion rings. I'll make a salad for DH before I go and he can heat up some leftover lasagna after he gets home.

I'm officially turkeyed out - froze the rest it yesterday. Tonight's dinner will be good ol' Mexican food. :yum: Not making it though, I'm just going to call in an order to my fave little Mexican restaurant and go pick it up. Cheese enchiladas, a pork tamale, and of course rice and beans. Yum.

Lamb shanks in wine reduction with cauliflower and cheddar mash. It felt a little like dinner at the Flinstones tonight. Yabba-dabba-doo!

img_1400639_0_63660ac4b244e8d13a273508cc20a389.jpg

Eggplant and a salad.

Steve, How do you prepare your cauliflower cheddar mash? I'm thinking that might go nicely with my Christmas ham. :yum:

Steve, How do you prepare your cauliflower cheddar mash? I'm thinking that might go nicely with my Christmas ham. :yum:
Oh, I make it pretty much the same as mashed potatoes. I just steam a bag of frozen cauliflower for 6-7 minutes until it's... well... "mushy" I guess is the right word. Then I mash it with 2 tbsps butter and about a half cup of grated cheddar. If it needs a little more moisture, you can add some half and half. It doesn't usually need more than a pinch or two of salt because there's a lot in the cheese. That's about it.

I'm roasting some fresh cauliflower with chopped garlic, thyme, s&p, tossed in avocado oil. May shred some parm over top.

Oh, I make it pretty much the same as mashed potatoes. I just steam a bag of frozen cauliflower for 6-7 minutes until it's... well... "mushy" I guess is the right word. Then I mash it with 2 tbsps butter and about a half cup of grated cheddar. If it needs a little more moisture, you can add some half and half. It doesn't usually need more than a pinch or two of salt because there's a lot in the cheese. That's about it.

Thanks!

I'll give it a try!

Back
Top Bottom