Dinner Thurs, 1/19/2017? Whatcha makin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of my favorites ATK oven baked eggplant Parmesan ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1484942073.181824.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

CG, that looks really good. Way beyond me. It reads even more delicious. The tasty sounding combination of fresh ingredients in your salad and the chicken in wine and grapes sauted in butter. Wow.
Thank you so much for your kind words, Caslon, but you could do this too! Put a fruit or two in with your greens and use a mild dressing. I used the Trader Joe's one in the image yesterday, but most of the time I use a champagne vinaigrette. Sauteed grapes are just grapes, cut in half, and cooked in a bit of butter. Not exactly hard ;) but very tasty. :yum: Works well with chicken or mild fish. I bet red grapes would be good with pork...

...Sautéed grapes... What a great idea...
Not mine. ;) They were served with a sole or flounder dish I had at a restaurant. Make them with fish or chicken on occasion ever since.

Decades ago, before kids and when Himself was travelling on business, a non-relative "auntie" and I would get together. Bernice took me to this wonderful restaurant in suburban Cleveland that was once rumored to be a speakeasy. Instead of a big restaurant, White Oaks is small rooms, some with working fireplaces and views of the creek running through the property. Lovely setting, delicious food, a wonderful night out.

Not mine. ;) They were served with a sole or flounder dish I had at a restaurant. Make them with fish or chicken on occasion ever since.

Decades ago, before kids and when Himself was travelling on business, a non-relative "auntie" and I would get together. Bernice took me to this wonderful restaurant in suburban Cleveland that was once rumored to be a speakeasy. Instead of a big restaurant, White Oaks is small rooms, some with working fireplaces and views of the creek running through the property. Lovely setting, delicious food, a wonderful night out.

I'm so glad you responded to this and brought it up again! :heart:

I was just thinking my menu for tonight is looking mighty beige (bratwurst, sauerkraut and potatoes :LOL: ) and some color would be nice. I'm going to add some red grapes to the sautéed potatoes and see how it goes.

If you take I-90 through OH on your trips up to MI, this wouldn't be too far off the highway for you. ;) We haven't been there for over a decade, so I don't know if they have a dress code. I'm sure jeans would be a no-no, but dress slacks and a nice top (maybe a dress shirt with a tie but no jacket) are probably the norm. We always went for a special occasion, and we were younger, so we did dress up. Now I'd want to show up in jammies and slippers. :LOL: Not gonna do it!

Back
Top Bottom