Dinner Thurs, 1/19/2017? Whatcha makin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are having roast beef with gluten free yorkshire pudding, gravy, smashed taters, carrots and probably a salad.

I figure if I can't eat the meat (tooth and throat problems) then I can have everything else covered in gravy! (minus the salad of course!

I bought some canned clams recent to make clam chowder. Not interested in soup, going to make linguine with clam sauce. Have garlic, onion, white wine, a bottle of clam juice, if I need it and milk, no cream, parmesan. Oh, and no parsley, but I'll find a little something to sprinkle on top. Oh, and it looks like spaghetti not linguine. Ought to be good and pretty easy.

Didn't get a pic. By the time I did the 2-step around the pugs trying to help themselves to my bowl, all my garnish of chaurice and gruyere had sunk. It was very good for what was basically cream of broccoli soup.

DW made a really good chicken marsala over orrechiete, crescent rolls, and a salad.

Then I saw the container that the chicken marsala came in. It was from BJs from a company called Epicurean.

Still, it was low in fat, and it fed the 3 of us well. We're definitely going to buy this again.

It was BEAUTIFUL yesterday, so I grilled a BIG batch of Bulgogi with a side of steamed white rice and my Quick Cucumber Kim Chee.

Today, well, we're socked in with SNOW!!! (the biggest flakes I've ever seen, well ya know I am from Hawaii so...)
So glad I was thinking ahead,
it's a repeat of last night for us tonight ....
:yum:

IMG_3189.jpg

Flank steak, mac and cheese, steamed baby spinach and creamed corn.

Chicken fajitas with Penzeys Fajita and Southwest seasonings. I remembered this time to toast the tortillas over the flame on my gas stove. That really does add a nice smoky flavor and slightly crunchy texture. Thanks, Cheryl and Kayelle, for the suggestion :yum:

Attachments

• 1484875677469.jpg
    1484875677469.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 124
Not only did tonight's dinner result in "Kiss the Cook", it garnered me TWO kisses! :wub: I sauteed chicken breast pieces with fresh mushrooms, my preserved lemons, tarragon, and a splash of white wine. I blistered raw green beans in olive oil, then added a bit of white wine and covered them so they weren't so al dente, seasoned them with Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning. Sauteed green grapes in a teaspoon of butter, and added some sliced almonds when they were almost done. First, there was salad: mixed greens with orange sections (I'm getting good at supreme-ing them), blueberries, walnuts, French feta cheese. I can hear my once-little Loverly's voice saying "Momma, you're a good cooker!" :heart:

Still had to wash the cooking pans, thought. If I could only trade in those kisses...

Attachments

• 2017-01-19 21.50.12.jpg
    2017-01-19 21.50.12.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 2017-01-19 22.43.58.jpg
    2017-01-19 22.43.58.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 124
CG, that looks really good. Way beyond me. It reads even more delicious. The tasty sounding combination of fresh ingredients in your salad and the chicken in wine and grapes sauted in butter. Wow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom