Dinner, Thurs. Aug. 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, my ceiling fan has not been reinstalled yet ;) following the bulk of our kitchen renovation, so I'm going to pick up some cold sesame noodles from the grocery store and add the rest of the meat from Monday's rotisserie chicken and some slivered red and green pepper and grated carrot. If we're still hungry, I'll make another caprese salad (I never get tired of them!).

If I don't have to cook tonight, I can continue moving stuff from boxes into the new kitchen cabinets and get it all under control again.

Hotter today than yesterday. My brother's thermometer (in the shade) registered a high of 103 yesterday. Can you say HOT?!

I put a bunch of beef and spices in the crock-pot for beef burritos tonight. Will take a container of refried beans out of the freezer to go with. Probably won't have much else. We don't have much of an appetite when it's this hot.

oh just off the phone with a special lady who lives in St. Louis [or outside of] I suppose is actual. She says her thermometer on her shaded porch reads 106º and she's dyin. says it's not even reported to get better before the 20th .and she's praying she can hold out:ohmy: .

my dinner is now in the making. it's a large salmon fillet, marinating in home made pesto. it'll go on the grill in an hour or so. along with that, baked potes, marinated cold vegetables including, carro-lower/brocco-flower/carrots/red onion/ string beans/radishes/celery with a marinade of white balsamic/ev olive oil, s/p/gp/op, oregano/soy sauce/chinese mustard, the biggest artichokes I've ever seen are in the pressure cooker and they'll go with melted butter. NY Times bread again, it's todays, and bought hubby a new fangeled kind of Mounds bar with dark chocolate and 'flaked' coconut, we'll see if he loves it.​

Last edited:
am sampling the pasta salad I just put together, forgot the freshly ground black pepper.........and it needs more kick, the Hungarian hot wax pepper does not have any heat yet, just picked the first one today, probably too early, but that never stops me picking a vegetable:rolleyes: , will add more red onion.

The sweet corn is now devine:)

and just popped a loaf of whole wheat bread in the oven.

Sure glad I have air conditioning, I can not imagine how uncomfortable it is outside. I have a fan on the goats, they stand right in front of it. Have only had A/C for 4 years now.....

We've gone kind of crazy with salads lately and I think tonight might be one the kids will really like.
Took some large chicken breasts, cut a pocet in them and then stuffed with a mix of jack cheese,red bell pepper,green onions. Will saute the breasts in butter and garlic til light brown, the remove to a baking sheet, salt and pepper them and bake about 15-20 min.I want to then fix some nice greens like arugula,radicchio,endive on a platter, slice up the chicken and dress with a vinegrette. I plan to use walnut oil,fresh ginger,dijon mustard,evoo,dill,sugar,rice vinegar,salt and pepper...to pour over the finished salad. Then I'm going to top it all with toasted walnuts. Some nice french bread will finish this one off..Not a big meal, but I think it will be just enough, if not, well,eveyman for himself:LOL:
kadesma

I never ended up taking anything out of the freezor. I think we will just order out. I'm not sure what yet.

kadesma said:
chicken breasts, cut a pocet in them and then stuffed with a mix of jack cheese,red bell pepper,green onions. Will saute the breasts in butter and garlic til light brown.........I plan to use walnut oil,fresh ginger,dijon mustard,evoo,dill,sugar,rice vinegar,salt and pepper...to pour over the finished salad. Then I'm going to top it all with toasted walnuts. Some nice french bread will finish this one off.. kadesma

Wow, Kadesma,
That sounds very good!

We're just having boneless pork chops, rice and a green salad....

It'll taste good, but it sounds boring.... lol :rolleyes:

Dinner tonight:

Beef Wellington w/ a Roquefort & Gruyere cream sauce
Steamed Asparagus

Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

It's my fiance's birthday dinner! :)

Whoops, forgot I also made 2 pizza sized peanut butter cookies w/ coconut, dark chocolate chunks, macadamia nuts, m & m's, and oatmeal, and cream cheese frosting for my fiance to take to work for a birthday luncheon....

Mess of green beans and cajun potato salad with turkey kielbasa.

I can't believe I'm cooking today - I vowed not to cook when it is 100, but it is 101 right now.

metz said:
Dinner tonight:

Beef Wellington w/ a Roquefort & Gruyere cream sauce
Steamed Asparagus

Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

It's my fiance's birthday dinner! :)

and just where is Ypsilanti? I mean, what airport do I fly into to get there for dinner:LOL:

sugarbrown said:
Wow, Kadesma,
That sounds very good!

We're just having boneless pork chops, rice and a green salad....

It'll taste good, but it sounds boring.... lol :rolleyes:
It doesn't sound boring to me, it sounds yummy:)

kadesma

Its raining cats and dogs...

Just keepin it low key tonight, I got some burgers on the thaw.

Steamed salmon with dill; mac and cheese; steamed green peas with butter. Quick fix meal!

Yesterday (Thursday) was the worst day yet. I think in the 10 years we've lived here, it's never been that hot. At 12 noon my outdoor in-the-shade thermometer read 105 degrees. Lord only knows what the heat index was.

So I tossed a package of boneless skinless chicken breasts into some chicken broth, poached them (froze the leftover broth to do double duty another time), & cut them into bite-size pieces. Combined the chicken with a couple of handfuls of black seedless grapes, halved; a chunk of smoked Gouda cheese, diced; a couple of handfuls of walnut halves; & mayo to bind. Served it on a bed of mixed baby greens.

we had such a great time at the joisey state fair last weekend that we decided to go back. so, our early dinner was pepperoni pizza, chicken souvlaki, lemonade, and a gigantic smoked turkey leg. this thing must have come off a 35 lb. turkey, or a small t-rex! it was delicious.

ice cream cones and cotton candy for dessert.

then, i had to go into work so i got chinese takeout at 2am. sliced beef and peppers in black bean sauce, sauteed baby bok choy, and brown rice.

Back
Top Bottom