Dinner Thurs. May 31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm making a stir fry pork dish with some shrimp and fresh veggies. I was going to make this for last nights dinner, but plans changed. I will serve it over rice and possibly some rolls as well.

macaroni salad, just good ole macaroni salad. I harvested my first celery of the season for this dish this morning:). DH has band practice tonight so I get it all to myself:cool:.

Have some thick pork chops I want to use, so will brown and serve with an apple cider gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans with garlic and bacon, green salad and some hot biscuits..as for dessert, have the remains of a french silk pie they can work on:LOL:

kadesma

>> My DW has not made up her mind, she will let me know in plenty of time.
Mine doesn't know what's for dinner until it's put in front of her each night. I think she loves the surprise.

Tonight is gonna be a simple chicken stirfry with LOADS of Pok Choi.

Grilled italian sausage with potato salad and a farfalle salad with baby spinach and feta. Something the kids will actually eat! :rolleyes:

Leftovers are in my lunch bucket yet again. Pork loin chop, ear of corn, green beans, macaroni salad, apple pie, and a can of Cherry Coke Zero (I'm all out of Italian Wimp Water at work).

Supper will most likely be a salad, if I feel like eating anything at all. This lunch may hold me all the way through to breakfast tomorrow.

Making a chicken pot pie, french fries, and gravy. Not the healthiest meal but it's good.

Caine...I lovbe the sound of wimp water!!:LOL:

tonight rents will be having leftover BBQed salmon, salad, and brown rice.
I'm making a pasta salad and i think that we got corn on the cob.
it's so stinking hot here today that we can't turn on the oven.:rolleyes:

It's pretty hot here today, too, so I'm feeling like a margarita ;-) I was planning to make Greek pasta salad with leftover chicken I grilled Monday, but maybe I'll wing it and (thinking to the keyboard here) make a Mexican pasta salad instead. Grill some bell peppers and onions, cook pasta, chop chicken, make a dressing with mayo, sour cream, lime juice, cumin, chili powder and green chilies. And some sliced avocado on top. How does that sound?

btw, soon I won't be able to turn the oven on at all for a few months - we're renovating our kitchen. So I'm getting real friendly with the grill.

GotGarlic said:
make a dressing with mayo, sour cream, lime juice, cumin, chili powder and green chilies. And some sliced avocado on top. How does that sound?

sounds pretty good to me, GG! make extra so I can have some.

i'm starving! i made teryaki pork tenderloins on the grill last night (at 11pm, long story. my neighbors must think i'm nuts!) but i'm jones'ing for thai food, so i'm gonna head up to my fave little hole in the wall thai place on 9th and 56th, "thai basil".

my wonderful co-worker tonight said she was going to dinner at 5:30pm. i've been waiting for her to return, and she just popped her head in the door of my office and said she was just going now. :mad:

how many dinner hours does she think she gets?

just for that, i'm getting tom yum soup and pla muk yang (grilled squid skewers with fresh cilantro and mae ploy sauce on a bed of lettuce and carrots) as an appetizer.
not sure if i'll get the chicken prig king (sauteed chicken, herbs, and stringbeans), or the kuai tiaw bowl (thin rice noodles topped with piles of chicken, ground peanuts, ground dried chiles, cilantro, and some bizarre pickled stuff that tastes good but is unidentifiable ).

extra cilantro and sriracha, please.

BT, I haven't seen you around in a while. Glad to see you back (or were you here when I wasn't?) Anyway, glad to see you posting, even if I don't know what the heck you are eating.

thanks licia. :)

i finally got elfie to take her boot off my neck and let me back at the keyboard.

if i could only get alix to put the broadsword down...

(know why it's a broadsword? :rolleyes: )

lol, i'd better wait 'till alix puts down the sword.

(she's a broad :rolleyes:. you know, a dame, a chippie, a skirt, etc.)

<<<<<<<<running away>>>>>>>>>>.

Last edited:
It did infact turn into Caesar Salad and lobstah with steamed veggies and a baked tater. Sat outside of the restaurant, by some waterway, where I literally had ducks flying over my head for try and grasp my lobstah. That's it I thought, you can just go get your own. Okay, I'm lying, I really did share it with them, I couldn't resist them taking it right out of my hand.:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom