Dinner, Thurs. Nov. 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Dinner today - Shrimp cocktail to start, Baked ham, Roast turkey breast, giblet bread dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, candied yams, cranberries, coleslaw, pickled beets, corn and hot rolls. Pumpkin and pecan pie - then to the couch !! Watching the Lions game too after parades. Happy Thanksgiving to our US families !!
-This dinner will serve four adults and two children. May make the oldest grandson brownies yet.

Last edited:
Well, since we're in London and there is only the 2 of us I am fixing a mini Thanksgiving meal for after work. Turkey breast and gravy, mashed potatoes topped with grandma's noodles, green beans, onion casserole, and pear salad.

I am excited to be going to my brother's house for this fun day. I love to get together with the entire family. I am bringing my grandmother's coleslaw, chocolate pie, pumpkin pie, apple pie and wine. And the carving set complete with carver (dh)

Eat eat eat everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Here it goes - imported cheese and breadsticks and crackers, olives, tastefully simple hot cheese dip, a variety of chips for the kids. Our meal consists of hawaiian rolls, cranberries, buttered corn, broccolli/cauliflower cheese casserole, stuffing, uncle bob's corn bread dressing, mashed potatoes, uncle bob's sweet potato casserole, corazon's brined turkey with sage butter and gravy. Clean up. Then we go onto chestnuts, fresh anise, nuts and figs. Clean up. Then we hit dessert which is pumpkin pie, chocolate pie and toffee squares. Clean up again. By this time we are ready for a turkey sandwich!

No Thanksgiving here, it's just not the same without family and friends. :(

I'm making a veggie Tom Kha Gai soup for dinner!

I know what I'm bringing but what else may be on the table, not sure.
honey glazed carrots
green bean casserole
turkey
gravy
mashed pots
caribbean cran sauce
deviled eggs
stuffing
yam/banana bake
orange jello mold
baked apples
hokey pokey
pumpkin pie
and if I get experimental, I'll try to make a peanut butter pie
Happy Thanksgiving everyone:flowers:

OH happy day We are doing a Sunday on Thursday:LOL:
We will start off with sausage wrapped in puff pastry and since there was an extra sheet at hand Cade and I wrapped up blue cheese stuffed olives in it.We are also having Bompa's avocado dip with a sliced baguette ,an assortment of veggies and real onion dip and that is it for starters. Dinner, will be a spiral ham and a turkey, mashed potatoes,gravy,cranberries, artichokes with parsley,garlic and butter,rolls,Napa salad, garbanzo's with garlic,parsley and evoo, much like the artichokes but cold not hot.Of course there will be a plate of peppers,salami,torta to nibble on as well..Desserts, I made a pumpkin pie, Cade came over and he and I made a batch of fudge,Son's SO asked to help so she is bringing a pecan pie and cranberry bars from Starbucks:).
I can't tell you how I'm looking forward to this..I so love holidays and when family is there, it's the ultimate.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone

kades

far to much on the menu ...
chips and dip
veggies and dip
pigs in a blanket with creole mustard ..
crab stuffed mushroom tops ..
ham potato and cheese soup
she crab soup
green salad
fried turkey , 2 of them 14 lbs a piece
spiral ham , going to put it on the smoker to save room in the oven
mashed taters
gallons of gravy
corn on the cob
roasted brussel sprouts
broccoli cheese thing ..
mac and cheese
pumpkin pie
cheese cake
key lime pie
apple pie

hope thats enough for 12 people ...

Spiral sliced ham, au gratin potatoes, green bean casserole, corn medley, dinner rolls, and apple pie courtesy of Safeway, pumpkin pie courtesy of Boston Market, and twice baked sweet potatoes courtesy of yours truly.

In honour of american thanksgiving, I'm cooking two chicken breasts, stuffing (stove top:LOL:), mashed taters, one roasted sweet tater for me, braised brussel sprouts with prosciutto. Happy eating to all!

" hope thats enough for 12 people ... "

I think your 28 lbs of turkey should do it!!!!:)

Oh, it all sounds so good!

dh is working today, so it's dinner at the firestation for us. I'm not sure what others are bringing but I will bring
Turkey and gravy
broccoli rice casserole
crans
kahlua mousse pie
(I'm also bringing some emergency potatoes in case nobody brings any mashed potatoes.)

I'd better get my rear in gear to pack up the car and get us all dressed and ready to go.

And a Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your families!

There will only be five of us, and we cooked everything in advance so we could relax today.

Olive cheese balls made with jalapeno/cheese salami stuffed olives
turkey, gravy
oyster dressing
mashed potatoes
broccoli/bleu cheese casserole
sweet/sour green beans made with Roma beans
dinner rolls
pumpkin pie
chocolate pie

I would love to have cranberry sauce and sweet potatoes, but no one likes them but me, so I don't bother.

Last night (Thurs) I served salt and pepper squid pieces with a Greek salad (sort of it only had spinach leaves, feta, olives and tomatoes) dressed with balsamic vinegar and topped with steamed asparagus spears.

We had turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, stuffing, wild rice, rolls with butter...and an apple pie with whipped cream is calling my name..

So how many peoples fantastic and totally delicious Thanksgiving dinners took all week to prepare and 20 minutes to consume lol. Bet it was so worth it though!

Let's see... We had turkey with sage stuffing, cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes, bourbon mashed sweet potatoes, buttered peas, whole-berry cranberry sauce, tons of gravy, lime-pineapple-cream cheese Jell-O salad, carrot and celery sticks, green and ripe olives, potato yeast rolls, white wine, and pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Actually, we never got around to the pie. Bet you can't imagine why.:LOL:

It was a wonderful meal and probably the best turkey we've ever had. Brined it for 24 hours and roasted it using my standard cheesecloth method. The breast meat was practically weeping it was so moist. Now I'm trying to keep from just having a "little taste." I could eat turkey every day.

Our new indoor kitten, Sally, has discovered that this is a pretty darn good hotel.

reporting the day after:
pastured free range turkey 16# Tom, killed and dressed Monday, butter salt and pepper outside, w/ aromatics lemon garlic onion celery in cavity, convection roasted @ 325* 3 hrs (approx) to a golden brown, 170* (had awesome drippings for gravy.) Made broth with giblets and extra necks bought at a butcher, roasted before simmering with root veggies (carrots parsnips onion) I use a shallow roasting pan now and instead of a rack for the bird I like to put it on a bed of root veggies...again carrot parsnip and thick onion slices. They add flavor and moisture and my drippings don't burn and are beautifully flavored.
rested 1/2 hrs before carving
mashed Idahos with garlic and broth
roasted Hayman white sweet potatoes (east coast heirloom variety) naturally sweet, crack open and butter!
brussle sprouts with pancetta and thyme and balsamic vinegar 1/4d and roasted in oven
green and wax beans with bacon and white wine
collards cooked with turkey neck and broth
sausage pecan wild rice stuffing (not in the bird this year and it worked out great.)
We started with cheeses and hard salami, then a cup of oyster chowder (bacon leeks milk oysters potatoes) then the meal.
Sis brought her famous pumpkin pies and a friend brought mince pie (the real kind with suet crust and meat with the fruits) either toped with local homemade ice cream.

leftovers for days luckily!! and yes there will be turkey soup one of these days.

Back
Top Bottom