Dinner Thursday, 11-19-2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Since it's "Thirsty Thursday" I figured I'd give our dinner a drink! I'll be making a one-roast version of Country Living's Beer-Braised Pot Roast, a tried-and-loved cold-weather dish around here. I'll serve it up on mashed potatoes (made extra on Monday just for this meal) and maybe roast a red kuri squash, but not sure about that.

What will you be noshing?

A NY strip from the marked down meat section at the market, I prefer to think of it as aged beef! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I will also have a couple of fried mushrooms, a side salad and a few pistachios later for dessert.

A NY strip from the marked down meat section at the market, I prefer to think of it as aged beef! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

One of the first places I look when shopping......:)

I'll have whatever I can dig out of the freezer.....house is empty tonight. Son is at work and the g-monsters little angels are at their mom's.

We have leftover chicken, lasagna, garlic bread, and seven layer salad. DH will be strangled if he proclaims, "There's nothing to eat."

I am making cannelloni beans and Italian sausage casserole with a little sage and tomato and part of a baked acorn squash. Handful of grapes for later.

We had an early lunch of fried catfish, hush puppies. I had mashed potatoes and dirty rice. He had french fries and Cole slaw.

Then decided I wanted to go get some cheap 5 lbs for a dollar sweet potatoes.
$100 later, we brought the groceries home.

We've had such a beautiful summer like day here, I'll be grilling some Mojo wings, and 2 big steamed artichokes on the side burner. Dinner will be cooked before sun down, as I hate grilling at night.

I can never post our suppers in a timely manner due to the time difference, so with that said, last night was Fish Tacos
002.JPG

004.JPG

Very yummy with Trader Joe's Hatch Valley Green Chile Salsa

:yum:

Yummy looking pics, kgirl and Andy! :yum: kgirl, I LOVE fish tacos and you just reminded me to put them back in the rotation - it's been a few weeks since I've had them.

CG, the beer braised pot roast sounds delicious. :yum: That's such a comfort food. Everyone's dinners tonight have my mouth watering.

Kay...our artichokes here haven't looked all that great lately, so I've been passing them by. :(

I had a couple of pulled pork tacos this evening, with homemade pico de gallo. I never get tired of those.

We're at my in-laws in Michigan . We dug some smoked-mozzarella filled ravioli from my FIL's freezer and topped it with some of the lasagna sauce I made mixed with half a jar of spaghetti sauce. I also seasoned frozen green beans and cooked them in the microwave and we made garlic bread with crescent rolls.

taxy, had to look "frikadeller" up. A cross between a hamburger and a meatball? Looks good.

Nice dinner photos. K-girl, next time you make those potatoes, put the plate down in front of your DH, then scrape his cheese off onto your potatoes. Make lots of "yummmm" noises while eating them. ;)

...CG, the beer braised pot roast sounds delicious. :yum: That's such a comfort food. Everyone's dinners tonight have my mouth watering...
Presentation looks a tiny bit like slop, but it is soooo good! It's not one of Himself's favorite dishes, but he humors me and eats it once or twice during the winter. We have enough leftovers for one person. "Mine!"

Attachments

• 2015-11-19 21.22.57.jpg
    2015-11-19 21.22.57.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 133
taxy, had to look "frikadeller" up. A cross between a hamburger and a meatball? Looks good.

Nice dinner photos. K-girl, next time you make those potatoes, put the plate down in front of your DH, then scrape his cheese off onto your potatoes. Make lots of "yummmm" noises while eating them. ;)

Presentation looks a tiny bit like slop, but it is soooo good! It's not one of Himself's favorite dishes, but he humors me and eats it once or twice during the winter. We have enough leftovers for one person. "Mine!"
Looks yummy to me CG. It's just not a photogenic dish.

Frikadeller are a fried meatball. They are usually sort of football/rugby ball shaped Here's a pic I took another time:

IMG_3024.JPG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom