Dinner Thursday 11th of August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds good, Snip!

We are having leftover lasagna tonight. It was so good Tuesday, it should be great today!

Having a friend over for dinner. Making eggplant parm with a salad of greens and white beans. Starter will be roasted tomatoes with cheese and bread. Dessert lemon tart (which I didn't make)

I'm waiting for my avocado to ripen. If it's ready tonight, I'll have one half stuffed with shrimp salad, and cut the other half up in chunks for some shrimp and avocado gazpacho.

If it isn't ripe by tonight, I'll have a BLT on Rye, or ham & Swiss.

Sandwiches make great summer eating.

I'm waiting for my avocado to ripen. If it's ready tonight, I'll have one half stuffed with shrimp salad, and cut the other half up in chunks for some shrimp and avocado gazpacho.

If it isn't ripe by tonight, I'll have a BLT on Rye, or ham & Swiss.

Sandwiches make great summer eating.
Oh, I so agree. I could live on sandwiches and salads all summer long! Oh, I have a couple of ripe avocados - want me to throw you one? ;)

Having beef diablo done in the crock-pot, probably more cornmeal-dusted and deep-fried okra (the garden's exploding okra), fresh quartered tomatoes, and peach pie from the peaches we picked from our tree last night.

Having beef diablo done in the crock-pot, probably more cornmeal-dusted and deep-fried okra (the garden's exploding okra), fresh quartered tomatoes, and peach pie from the peaches we picked from our tree last night.
Katie, I have yet to taste okra but have wanted to for some time. When our produce market gets some in next (they have it off and on), I will have to ask you for step by step instructions! :)

Beef diablo sounds great too!

Just noticed I posted my change in dinner plans on last nights thread lol!
Power has gone on and off a lot today so my pasta dish has changed to Tuna Pasta Salad with fresh baby peas, tomato, spring onions, boiled egg, mayo and creme fraiche dressing with chili and herbs.

The skin is the best part of chocolate pudding! We're having chicken cordon bleu with either stuffing or alfredo noodles and salads.

jabbur said:
The skin is the best part of chocolate pudding! We're having chicken cordon bleu with either stuffing or alfredo noodles and salads.

I agree, Jabbur! Used to love school cafeteria and gramma's chocolate pudding for just that reason!

No idea, have grown tired of broccoli soup. It's destined for the freezer.

Noodle soup with seaweed for supper this evening. The belly has been messed up all day today, so I figured I'd eat nice and light.

I think the Ribeye, mashed taters and macaroni salad I had yesterday was too rich for me I think. That or someone gave me a bug! :rolleyes:

Tomorrow is another day!

first time i will be cooking swaii fish. making tacos after i fry in panko crumbs.

I haven't seen that fish offered around here. Is it saltwater or fresh? I'm having a hard time Googling it other than it's a white fish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom